Anyone who has done the Uvero Beach Excursion

Littlegoo75

Please tell me all you can about it. I am not sure if I want to commit to it yet, but I know that we'll be there on the Carnival Liberty on Feb. 16th - my boyfriend's birthday. I know he has always wanted to swim with the dolphins, and I have done it already last year in Cozumel, so I am not sure if I want to spend the extra $115 to do it again, but I would like to watch him, I would feel bad, just sending him by himself just because I am being cheap! I know at the dolphin encounter in Cozumel, you can kind of watch in the same general area without paying, just wondering if it's the same idea at this place.

Also, aside from the open bar, what does the beach break include? What kind of ammenities are provided?

What kind of bar drinks are included, whatever you want?

It seems like it might be a nice way to spend the day, I just want to hear what others have to say about it.

Also, are there any other open bar type beach clubs in Majahual?

Thanks for your input!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personaly we did not do the Uvero Beach but another family wiht us did. They hated it. Thye didn't go for the dolphins just the beach. They said the open bar was a joke. Everyone that was on thier bus returned to the ship on the next bus.

We did Majahual. It was a fun day. The weather wasn't so good but my husband and son went fishing and had a great time. My two girls and I went shopping and then meet them at the beach. They are some great local vendors along the beach. As for the food my son had a great lunch he loved it. He ate at the Cats Meow. There are tons of places to get drinks. I didn't stop to have any we were too busy shopping. We got some great bargins on some local crafts.

All in all it was a great day in Costa Maya!!

We did Uvero Beach on 1/18 and had a great day. There were plenty of Beach chairs. The food was okay. We didn't use the open bar a lot but I had a mixed drink and it was fine. No one in our group really complained about the bar but we are not heavy drinkers. We all had a bunch of sodas and a few mixed drinks.

The beach is beautiful. They had a banana boat, some small boats for 2 people to take out. The Dolphin swim seemed to be really good IMO. I posted about it in another thread. Decent amount of time in the water and plenty of contact with the Dolphins.

If you want a relaxing day at the beach and aren't going out there to party I think it is a nice play to spend the day. It's about a 1/2 hour ride from the Ships and it wasn't really crowded when we were there. One piece of advice is when you get off the bus go down to the far left side of the beach. It is a lot more quiet down there. The drinkers tended to stay near the bar where the music was pretty loud.

We had a good time.

Archived