Purchasing Internet

jules815

For our 7-day cruise, it says Premium Internet, which is what we would want, is $127.90 "Per Person," but it also says it can be used by families for up to 4 devices. Would my husband and I be able to get one Premium package and be logged onto our phones at the same time, or would we each have to purchase a package?

Would my husband and I be able to get one Premium package and be logged onto our phones at the same time, or would we each have to purchase a package?

You purchase 1 Package and share the data on the devices corresponding to your package. No need to purchase additional packages for each person in the stateroom.

For my Nov, 2018 14-day Seaside cruise, here are the prepaid prices:

$119.90 - 5gb, 2 devices

$191.90 - 10gb, 4 devices

Per frank808 currently onboard Seaside, here are the onboard prices:

$49.99 - 1.5gb, 1 device, for chat and posting photos

$99.99 - 3gb, 2 devices, for full internet and emails

$159.99 - 6gb, 4 devices, for full internet and emails

frank808 wrote he used 1.5gb from Saturday’s embarkation through Thursday morning for surfing the web, email and CruiseCritic posts, including photos. He forgot the biggest hog was internet phone calls.

And it sounds like you can use “x” devices (like 10) as long as no more than the number specified in your package are logged in at the same time. So if you have 7 devices across 3 people and buy the biggest package, you should be fine as long as no more than 4 devices are logged in concurrently.

Edited by LadyVol1

Is there any advantage to waiting to purchase internet until after we board? Any discounts for Voyager Club members, etc.?

There is never any advantage in waiting to purchase on board for anything. It will always be more expensive, no matter if it is internet or drink packages or speciality restaurants packages.

I just have to say how much I like their approach to internet packages. In the past, on most lines (including MSC) you signed up for "minutes" and logging in and out each time. If you didn't get logged out, you could accidentally burn through all of your minutes. Also, low bandwidth or slow connections negatively impacted the value of your investment.

By purchasing chunks (gigabits), you won't have to worry about logging out (although it would still be a good idea). Although a slow connection will still be annoying, it won't cost you money.

I hope all of the cruise ships/lines adopt this approach!

I signed up for this package too, and put my husbands phone on the same plan.

The room staff put a WiFi setup sheet in our packet within 24 hours of being on board.

You go to a website and register the number from your MSC cruise card (everyone gets a unique cruise card).

You “Start” and “Stop” WiFi access, as you need it. If you leave it on, itdisconnects you after 3 hours. Your husband will do the same on his phone or iPad.

We were able to text, but I could use the phone. My iPhone is 3 years old, so it might be my phone.

We had about 90% of the data left over. I was surprised. We didn’t stream movies, just checked our mail.

For our 7-day cruise, it says Premium Internet, which is what we would want, is $127.90 "Per Person," but it also says it can be used by families for up to 4 devices. Would my husband and I be able to get one Premium package and be logged onto our phones at the same time, or would we each have to purchase a package?