Shuttle Service in San Juan

We sailed in San Juan in March and used Carnival's shuttle service. They were quick and never had to wait longer than 10 minutes both ways. I checked the taxi rates prior to flying out and they weren't really any cheaper that I found anyway, so I just chose booked Carnival's thru the cruise manager portal.

My sister and I cruised from San Juan in May. We used Puerto Rico Green Transportion from the airport to hotel, hotel to port and port to airport. They were prompt, courteous, friendly and reasonably priced. Hope you have a great cruise! :cool:

Just got back on Sunday and we used taxi. For 6 of us with 5 suite cases, it was $29 each way from airport to ship. Taxi in san juan were plentiful and they are gov't regulated so fare's are set by zones. Both ways we got a ticket with the price of the trip written down. Just make sure you go to the taxi booth and not some guy calling you over. As we were debarking to go to airport, I heard someone get offered $20 pp. and our whole group was only $29.

The taxis at the airport are reasonable in price. Check with other people on the taxi line to see who else may be going to the Hotel Milano or Old San Juan. I found 3 other people going to Hotel Milano and we all split the fare and it came to about $6 ~$7 each depending how much you want to tip. My room at Hotel Milano was very clean and the hotel staff were very nice.

Make sure you go to Barrachina the next morning at their 2nd floor deli for a very reasonably priced and delicious breakfast or lunch. It is right up the street from Hotel Milano.

The service at the restaurant upstairs at Hotel Milano was terrible so my group walked out and left the restaurant.

It is about a ten minute walk from Hotel Milano to the Carnival Fascination. There is a CVS and Walgreen right across from the ship. There is also a Wine Shop right at the port and they had some good wines at a reasonable price that you can purchase and take right on board.

Make sure you take the Spencer Ambrose tours at St Lucia. St Lucia is a beautiful Island with very nice people. Enjoy your cruise on Fascination.:cool:

Thanks everyone. Since we are coming in the day before Carnival is out. But we are using Carnival on our return trip from ship to airport.

Taxi sounds like the best idea

Why are you taking carnival shuttle? It's way more money and you have to wait for them to fill the whole bus. The taxi stand is just to the left near the street when you walk out of the terminal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Why are you taking carnival shuttle? It's way more money and you have to wait for them to fill the whole bus. The taxi stand is just to the left near the street when you walk out of the terminal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I had a similar thought, but I might have tried suggesting it rather than asking why. Taxis are generally cheaper and quicker than Carnival shuttles in almost any port (Galveston, Rome & the like excepted)