Can I use carnival gift card to pay deposit?

jdemps

• 4 weeks later...

My DW and I are looking to buy gift cards from Citi bank. The question I have is once we are on board can we use multiple gift cards to pay for Cheers? My DW called Carnival today and they told her she could only use one of them ($500):confused:. With everything I have read on these boards I find this wrong, and thought we could use multiple gift cards. I told her to call back tomorrow and she will probably get a different answer. So who has experience with this and can give me the correct answer, thanks in advance. Not that it should matter but we are sailing Splendor.

My DW and I are looking to buy gift cards from Citi bank. The question I have is once we are on board can we use multiple gift cards to pay for Cheers? My DW called Carnival today and they told her she could only use one of them ($500):confused:. With everything I have read on these boards I find this wrong, and thought we could use multiple gift cards. I told her to call back tomorrow and she will probably get a different answer. So who has experience with this and can give me the correct answer, thanks in advance. Not that it should matter but we are sailing Splendor.

I used 4 gift cards (1 $500 & 3 $100) today to buy cheers for my wife and I, no problem. I have heard the rumor that there is a 5 card limit (I think per transaction) but I've never had to use 5, so I just don't know??

I used 4 gift cards (1 $500 & 3 $100) today to buy cheers for my wife and I, no problem. I have heard the rumor that there is a 5 card limit (I think per transaction) but I've never had to use 5, so I just don't know??

How did you use them? Over the phone? Online? My DW said when she called they were having issues with gift cards online until Aug' something. We have cruise a few times but never use gift cards.

We cruised last feb and we were able to buy and pay for everything online all at once with several Gift cards. I know I used probably close to 10 GC. I was able to pay off our cruise, gratitude, excursions and cheers package for 4 people. I want to say that I did all of this in Dec 2017. So unless something has changes since then I had no problems at all.

Weird, my PVP gave me the number to the Funshops online and they told me there should be no problem using more than one gift card ...you enter one and it should continue to ask you if you'd like to enter another until you are done. Many in here and my FB group have used multiple GC in one transaction.

Weird, my PVP gave me the number to the Funshops online and they told me there should be no problem using more than one gift card ...you enter one and it should continue to ask you if you'd like to enter another until you are done. Many in here and my FB group have used multiple GC in one transaction.

I used multiples to purchase the cheers program. They’ve been having problems lately with using multiples for fun shop purchases and you can’t use gift cards over the phone for it. I know makes a lot of sense. I was told to give it a few days for them to fix. They must have a useless it department as they apparently have not fixed it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks to all that answered. My DW is still nervous about getting them (because of the phone call to Carnival), but I am making the executive decision and getting them to pay for Cheers. Besides that I told her to call back 4 days in a row and you will probably get 3 different answers. I just wish she would have listen to me about a year ago, and we could have bought more to pay the cruise with.

I just paid my deposit with 4 cards today. PVP said she can take up to 5 at a time if that helps. I plan on getting more through AARP and saving even more. I saved 80.00 already. 10 percent off is a great deal!!

Thanks to all that answered. My DW is still nervous about getting them (because of the phone call to Carnival), but I am making the executive decision and getting them to pay for Cheers. Besides that I told her to call back 4 days in a row and you will probably get 3 different answers. I just wish she would have listen to me about a year ago, and we could have bought more to pay the cruise with.

There you go!! Best of luck and enjoy your cruise!!