What to do in Tampa for a day with luggage?

Nevada Jen

OUr cruse returns at 8 am in September. Our flights are not until 4. I was thinking of hitting Busch Gardens for the day or something kid friendly and active but we will have our luggage. Anyone have any good ideas about what to do and what to do with our luggage?

You would probably want to rent a vehicle to get to Busch Gardens and then get to the airport, so you could leave your luggage in the rental.

Another option is the Florida Aquarium which is right there at the cruise port. The Aquarium will hold your luggage free of charge while you are visiting the Aquarium. https://www.flaquarium.org/plan-your-visit

Once our ship was delayed getting into port on our embarkation day (due to fog). We spent several hours at the aquarium while waiting for the ship to get in. It was not something we had planned beforehand but we really enjoyed our visit there.

OUr cruse returns at 8 am in September. Our flights are not until 4. I was thinking of hitting Busch Gardens for the day or something kid friendly and active but we will have our luggage. Anyone have any good ideas about what to do and what to do with our luggage?

Depending on what cruise line & airline you are on, the “luggage valet” may be an option. I know RCCL has the service, but it is not available for all airlines. Your luggage is taken from the ship & checked in at the airport for you.

Vickie

I am from the Tampa Bay area, and I love Busch Gardens. But what it would cost for you to get a car or transportation to Busch Gardens and the cost to get in to the park and the fact you would only have a few hours at the park, not worth it. The Florida aquarium is a beautiful place and very convenient it being there right at the port. Plus the fact they will hold your luggage is a bonus.