Majestic designed for China market?

rentlady

I hope that they don't tweak the ship too much. I am looking forward to trying the features that I would not find on other ships. A private karaoke room and bubble tea sound fun!

One of the things about "designed for the Chinese market" means is that sometimes you cannot book the ship through Princess. We did a back to back on her this Spring; Shanghai to Singapore and return. We booked through our normal online TA. We noticed that this Summer she would be home ported in Keelung, doing short trips to Okinawa and Japan and return. Since we were going to spend May and June in Taipei, we asked about booking one of the cruises while onboard. Couldn't do it and were told the only way to do it was to go through a TA in Taiwan. I believe when she was homeported in Shanghai last Winter that you couldn't book most of the cruises unless you went thru a Chinese TA in China. BTW, we enjoyed the ship although I prefer being on a smaller ship than the Majestic.

Ray

We sailed Majestic during the initial launch in the Med, before she went to Asia. While they still had the lobster roll area, they added burgers/hot dogs as well. The noodle bar was as intended which we enjoyed as a change. I do like my pizza, but we were able to get that at Alfredo's.

There were less bars and it was noticeable. I think adding a bar to where the karaoke rooms are is a start, but I still think La Mer is useless and a much better space for Crooners. It doesn't seem like it would take too much effort to change it back.

I did enjoy the conservatory, but thought it was a really odd place for the nightclub.

overall, unless they added Crooners back and a few other minor changes, I probably wouldn't sail on Majestic again unless it was an itinerary I really wanted. I am happy I had the opportunity to try it for the unique experience it provided. I just prefer other ships.