Royal Caribbean Fights Back!

LauraS

that hasn't been mentioned who paid their account, beside it going on the credit card that was registered. Maybe that is the $10,000 with what they paid for air, taxes, port charges, cruise in D1 & all those drinks! They also had 3 bottles, as seen in the photo with the cowboy hat, that didn't look opened yet.

I wonder why the total of their Sea Pass account hasn't ben leaked to the tabloid media - THAT would make for an interesting read!

as stated by The Smiths & Jen. First of all, she slept in the room & never noticed anything as she stated on Joe Scarborough. Yet his parents talk of all the blood. Where did they see this? They were not on the cruise let alone in the room. When Jen went to the spa, she was takes by the Staff Captain to Marie's office where she is told George may have gone over. She never again saw her cabin...........

Clue me in on all this BS the are talking........ Hope Oprah's reading this to take good notes on questions to ask but she will get "FBI told me not to comment". But she states she will talk away when it is OK as she told Joe.

My local news just had a quick note about Dr Lee going on the Brilliance on Monday the 23rd to go over the room.

I like how they said he was hired by the wife to find out what happened to her husband. She cares now after all her bad press. She was not to concerned the morning when she was brought back to the room after being found passed out in a hallway. Nor was she concerned when she got up to go to the spa.

Motive.

Three of the necessary ingredients for murder are Motive, Means, and Opportunity. We have the means (over the baccony), the opportunity (intoxicated GS in the room), but there is yet no indication of motive. Motive can be quite simple, people often end up dead when a fight breaks out between two people who are in an intoxicated state (drunken rage). Could it be that there was a scuffle of some sort, a punch thrown, or possibly a fall in the room or on the balcony, GS is injured and unconcious, the other guys panic and decide to put him over the side to get rid of the "body" because they think he is already dead? They are trying to clean up the room, but are interupted by the security knock (the first one) and decide to get out just before security shows up to look for JHS? It would be a very tight timeline, indeed, but maybe it is possible.

On the other hand, a scuffle could have taken place, along with the bleeding (a minor amount), The other guys leave GS alone, GS could have gone out on the balcony by himself and fallen over. Why would he climb up on the rail though?

My local news just had a quick note about Dr Lee going on the Brilliance on Monday the 23rd to go over the room.

I like how they said he was hired by the wife to find out what happened to her husband. She cares now after all her bad press. She was not to concerned the morning when she was brought back to the room after being found passed out in a hallway. Nor was she concerned when she got up to go to the spa.

If you believe that the wife had nothing to do with George going over the side then you can understand her behavior. She had been in a fight with George and had passed out in a hallway. She's embarrassed and pissed off at George who isn't in the cabin when she gets delivered. She wakes up and says the heck with George I'm off to the spa and George can keep partying with his new friends.

If you believe that the wife had nothing to do with George going over the side then you can understand her behavior. She had been in a fight with George and had passed out in a hallway. She's embarrassed and pissed off at George who isn't in the cabin when she gets delivered. She wakes up and says the heck with George I'm off to the spa and George can keep partying with his new friends.

Makes sense.

I know that all the speculation is an interesting read and I think that our favourite cruise line has responded in a dignified and concise manner. My real hope is that the culprit, if indeed there is a culprit, be brought to justice in the near future. You guys over the pond will have to keep us up-to-date as there is no press coverage over here.

"Ah wud some power the gift tae gie' us

Tae see oorsels as ithers see us" .......

.....Burns Night is soon and this is my favourite quote, just in case you were wondering!

Alan

I wonder why the total of their Sea Pass account hasn't ben leaked to the tabloid media - THAT would make for an interesting read!

Maybe because it's no one's business.

Somebody died here, folks. Let's try and have a little respect.

Maybe because it's no one's business.

Somebody died here, folks. Let's try and have a little respect.

For the record, we don't know yet that he actually died. We know he may have bled, and it is presumed that he died, but no one knows that for sure, which is why he hasn't been declared dead yet.

Also, I was watching FNC late last night, and according to a couple of the panelist they had on last night, no wrongful death suit, or murder charges can be filed until they prove that he is dead. Without a body, that's going to take a while, as they have to prove it through all of the evidence.

I agree with byefairwind. If you put yourself in her shoes (young, immature and in a drunken stupor) and the way she was thinking...it seems possible that she was so upset she wanted to "teach him a lesson" and not be in the cabin when he returned, falls asleep in a hallway away from their cabin. The staff finds her and puts her back in her cabin. She figures he's still out partying it up with his friends and goes to sleep. When she wakes up, still not finding him there, she probably thought she would make it look like she had not slept there...keeps the same clothes on and stays away from the cabin, hoping when he shows up, he'll think she spent the night somewhere else.

I believe he has indeed been declared dead.The cruise line has tried to be respectful of this family's grief and only came forward to defend themselves when their actions were being maligned and downright lied about. Everyone is in agreement that this man should not have died and has expressed sympathy. However, the family has been brutal and angry toward the wrong people - namely the cruise line. They have refused to consider or even acknowledge that this couple's behavior contributed to what happened.

I believe he has indeed been declared dead.The cruise line has tried to be respectful of this family's grief and only came forward to defend themselves when their actions were being maligned and downright lied about. Everyone is in agreement that this man should not have died and has expressed sympathy. However, the family has been brutal and angry toward the wrong people - namely the cruise line. They have refused to consider or even acknowledge that this couple's behavior contributed to what happened.

They said last night that he has not been declared dead. Have to do some research on it.........ok, here is what I found, from Nancy Grace;

Pat, it`s my understanding that Jennifer Hagel, the bride, has gone to court and had George Smith legally declared dead and herself named executor?

LALAMA: Right. There`s an important reason for that, and that`s because there can be a civil suit put into motion because of that.

Never knew she did that..interesting.........

I agree with byefairwind. If you put yourself in her shoes (young, immature and in a drunken stupor) and the way she was thinking...it seems possible that she was so upset she wanted to "teach him a lesson" and not be in the cabin when he returned, falls asleep in a hallway away from their cabin. The staff finds her and puts her back in her cabin. She figures he's still out partying it up with his friends and goes to sleep. When she wakes up, still not finding him there, she probably thought she would make it look like she had not slept there...keeps the same clothes on and stays away from the cabin, hoping when he shows up, he'll think she spent the night somewhere else.

Now that sounds like a reasonable explanation for that puzzling piece! It's been way too long since I have been that young and stupid.

Totally unrelated to this particular post, I heard last night (on Fox I think) that had RCI known that the plane ticket the Consulate got for Jennifer to go home was charged to her or her father, they would have bought her a ticket home.

Also, there are some photos posted on Gretawire.com of the ship's tour and Greta's opinion as it stands today.

They said last night that he has not been declared dead. Have to do some research on it.........ok, here is what I found, from Nancy Grace;

Pat, it`s my understanding that Jennifer Hagel, the bride, has gone to court and had George Smith legally declared dead and herself named executor?

LALAMA: Right. There`s an important reason for that, and that`s because there can be a civil suit put into motion because of that.

Never knew she did that..interesting.........

Don't you mean can't file a suite? Is that a typo or not?

Good point on the clothes laraoke2. IMO George did think think she was out with someone. Got into a drunken rage after the party boys left. Cut himself and somehow went over the side. I do have a problem with the somehow since it would take some effort to get over the railing. If that's the case what a tragedy. Husband and wife drunken tiff ends up in accidental death. The only other scenario I can imagine is one of the party boys being involved. I'm about 70/30 favoring George going over on his own.

Archived