Cuba cruise question

masspector

Looking at a Cuba cruise in 2019 on NCL. I am confused by the itinerary on the website. The writing says "enjoy two full days and an overnight in Havana". This is what I would like to do. 2 days in Havana and the overnight.

When you look at the itinerary for the March 18, 2019 cruise that starts at $649 it has listed Tues Havana 8am Arrive. No departure. Weds Havana 3pm Depart. That makes sense. Two days and an overnight.

If you change to any other month for that exact cruise, cruise starts at $499, the itinerary says Tues Havana 8am Arrive. No departure. Weds Havana 6am Depart. Thurs Great Stirrup Cay 8am Arrive. So if the ship leaves at 6am is it 6am Weds or Thurs? If it is Weds then I do not get two days in Havana. If it is 6am Thurs then it has to get from Havana to Great Stirrup Cay in two hours. Is that possible?

I called NCL and the rep said that it leaves 6am Weds and Weds is essentially a sea day. That is a deal breaker for me. What do you guys think or does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks

Looking at a Cuba cruise in 2019 on NCL. I am confused by the itinerary on the website. The writing says "enjoy two full days and an overnight in Havana". This is what I would like to do. 2 days in Havana and the overnight.

When you look at the itinerary for the March 18, 2019 cruise that starts at $649 it has listed Tues Havana 8am Arrive. No departure. Weds Havana 3pm Depart. That makes sense. Two days and an overnight.

If you change to any other month for that exact cruise, cruise starts at $499, the itinerary says Tues Havana 8am Arrive. No departure. Weds Havana 6am Depart. Thurs Great Stirrup Cay 8am Arrive. So if the ship leaves at 6am is it 6am Weds or Thurs? If it is Weds then I do not get two days in Havana. If it is 6am Thurs then it has to get from Havana to Great Stirrup Cay in two hours. Is that possible?

I called NCL and the rep said that it leaves 6am Weds and Weds is essentially a sea day. That is a deal breaker for me. What do you guys think or does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks

The rep is correct. I don't know why they advertise them that way either, but the schedules are as listed. Some NCL Cuba cruises arrive one day and leave the same afternoon, others leave at midnight, others leave at 6 am, others leave the next afternoon. You can kind of guess at which it will be based on the price...

I just did the Sky from Miami. Dailies can be found using the link below. Post #11 has the Havana items. I agree it is confusing. Boarded Monday, sailed to Havana Monday Night. We essentially got a day and night in Havana. Woke up Wednesday to us leaving the Port of Havana. We spent Wednesday sailing and spent Thursday at Great Stirrup Cay. I like sea days so I was fine with this.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2644413

Look into RCCIs Empress of the Seas. Has the most port time in Havana of all the shorter cruises. Not all but many have 2 days port time there. NCL got greedy and robbed a day from the 2 days Sky had there in Havana so it could sell the Sun's Canaveral sailings with a day in Havana. Those shore excursions "they claim you are retired to take" make major money for them.

Thanks for all of the quick replies. That clears it up. Will look at RCCL and the March and May NCL offerings and discuss with SO. The free drinks is a big enticement but not sure the extra morning in Havana is worth an extra $120 each.

Thanks for all of the quick replies. That clears it up. Will look at RCCL and the March and May NCL offerings and discuss with SO. The free drinks is a big enticement but not sure the extra morning in Havana is worth an extra $120 each.

My cruise, 2017, MIA to CUBA on NCL Sky ... Left MIA monday night, arrived Cuba 7a.m. Tues. LEFT Cuba Weds. at 5pm. The difference in departure days and times could be the increase in cruise ships arriving in Cuba.

There have been other posts on this ... some later last year as more and more cruise lines & ships were coming & going.

If one of your options is to arrive early a.m. Tues. and depart LATE Weds. afternoon (5pm/6pm), I'd go for that one. I got to do so much more because of the extra time.

FYI ... OldCarTours.com were amazing. I had the Red/White '54 Buick for my first day and I was a solo female cruiser/passenger. They treated me like a princess. I had the Pink Chevy for my Weds. tour.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2649856

Yaser was my 'Guide' for my Weds. tour of my cruise. To this day we exchange emails and keep up to date.

Thanks for all of your help. Have glanced at all of the options and it is getting a little pricey. With taxes etc about $1500 for OV. For four day cruise with one day in Havana? I am not so sure of the value, even with free drinks. On top of that I have tips, airfare, getting to port, etc. I did a 5 day trip to Prague last year with air and hotel for 5 nights for two people and it was only $1120.