Quick review of Conquest June 30th to July 5th

sra12574

Just got back a few days ago wanted to make a few comments about my trip with my wife and son . Overall I enjoyed it and with any trip there were good and disapointing parts . The cruise director Matt was great , this was my first cruise with my wife and we both agreed he was the best one either of us had on our cruise . My son went to the kids club and well he enjoyed it so much it seemed my schedule of things got taken over by when I needed to sign him in and out , but he wanted to be there each night till he was ready to fall asleep . He really liked Ms. "Jello" . My wife enjoyed the iced coffee from the coffee shop . The shows were pretty good the comedians were funny and I enjoyed the times I caught a little of the Erika Strings perfrormances . On the first night we had a waiter named Deveion he was from Africa . We wish we had him the whole cruise he was much better then the other wait staff . Although we only sat at his table once he made sure to say hi each time he saw us and asked how my sons day was and asked about his adventures on his excursions . One day he came over and did a few magic tricks , my son was impressed and said he was much better then the guy who did magic for the kids club.

Now the bad stuff . The other wait staff in main dining room were not very good probably the worst we had had on our Carnival Cruises. They forgot to bring items we ordered and were really slow on many nights . On the last night of the cruise we told our waiter when we sat down our son was in a show and had to be the theater so we just ordered appetizers and wanted dessert .2 of us got our appetizer my wife never did and we told the waiter we just wanted to get dessert because my son was in a show in the main thetater we knew we wanted the baked Alaska we told the waiter e said he would put our order he went to another table did something then they did thier show and after the show he came over and handed us dessert menus at 645 as he handed it to us we said we just wanted the baked alsaka . At 710 my wife left without getting her appetizer or dessert at 715 I was walking out and the waiter asked if I wanted it to go . He said he was planning on singing to us because he knew it was our honeymoon . The MDR was not that great for the trip but the other venues were more then adequate .

Another thing that wasnt very accurate was the hub . Either they dont have people updating or they just dont care to update it cruise to cruise . Swordfish was on the menu on the Hub app twice and was bever offered at the main dining room there were a few other items different on the Hub menu for the day and the MDR menu . The Hub also listed activities that were either not going on or were not in the location or time listed . The Dive inn movies were always listed at the wrong times . I think the Hub can be a great tool but it just needs to be accurate .

Debarking was a little strange . I'm used to having a sea day the day before the end of the trip . We didn't see the paper about going to pick up tags for bags being taken off the ship . We got back from our excursion and it was already past the window to get tags we were told to go to guest services . The line was crazy so we just carried everything off .

We had a good trip but we felt there was some reasonable room for improvement .

Thanks for your review.

Sorry about your bad experience in the MDR. Sounds like you had a great Wait Staff Team the first night, but not so good on the other nights. With ATD in the future, if you have a good staff the first night or other nights, you can request to be seated in their section on future nights.