Ketchikan fish and chips

Techie

its been about 10 years since we last cruised Alaska. There was a place right on the pier that did fish and chips. It was a little takeout place with picnic benches. Is it still there and if yes, still as good. If no, does anyone have a recommendation for fresh fish and chips in Ketchikan. TIA

its been about 10 years since we last cruised Alaska. There was a place right on the pier that did fish and chips. It was a little takeout place with picnic benches. Is it still there and if yes, still as good. If no, does anyone have a recommendation for fresh fish and chips in Ketchikan. TIA
That sounds like a good spot to hit. Do you remember the name of the place?

Sent from my SM-T817V using Forums mobile app

Unfortunately not. Just that it was fish that had been caught that morning. Was delicious! Hoping to go again when we are there later this year
We're sailing week of September 16. If you're going before us, let me know how it is! Fresh halibut and chips is SO GOOD!

Sent from my SM-T817V using Forums mobile app

We ate at a little red shack just off the dock in Ketchikan last week. It

Was called Alava’s Fish-n-Chowder. The owner goes out fishing in the morning, then open up at 11am to serve the best halibut and chips I have ever had in my life.

We ate at a little red shack just off the dock in Ketchikan last week. It

Was called Alava’s Fish-n-Chowder. The owner goes out fishing in the morning, then open up at 11am to serve the best halibut and chips I have ever had in my life.

Thank you! What were the prices like? I imagine Alaska is like Hawaii, you can't really compare what things cost with the rest of the US, but I'd be interested to have an idea!

I love Alavas. It's right on the outside of the tunnel. Pricing in June for Fish and Chips was $16-20 depending upon type of fish. Delicious, but just a hole in the wall with very limited seating