Room service

skm

1) Is it room service that brings any ice we need?

2) Will we get a room service menu in our cabin to order from each night? (I use ice and I want to make sure we get it each day) Thanks, SKM

1) Is it room service that brings any ice we need?

2) Will we get a room service menu in our cabin to order from each night? (I use ice and I want to make sure we get it each day) Thanks, SKM

Usually the room service menu stays the same throughout the week and is in a binder (or something similar) in your room when you get there.

If you need extra ice, yes, you can get it from room service, but your room steward will keep it filled for you. If you anticipate needing a lot, just let your steward know when you get on board and he will get you more as well.

quote=skm]1) Is it room service that brings any ice we need?

Your cabin steward will fill your ice bucket twice a day. He is off-duty from around noon-5pm. If you need ice during that time, call room service. (You might also ask your steward if there is a passenger ice machine that you could use. I have done this, and don't mind getting my own.)

2) Will we get a room service menu in our cabin to order from each night?

The room service menu will be in your cabin. It has a nice variety of items, but no hot foods are available from room service, so no 'regular meals' will be delivered. There are several good sandwiches, cheese platters and veggie trays w/dip, etc. The roast beef and brie on baguette is very good.

******Edited to say, OOPS, I forgot I wasn't on the Carnival board. I don't know what line you'll be on, so things may be different. Sorry.

Whatever ship you are on your cabin steward will fill your ice bucket and you call him for more or there are ice machines usually somewhere on the deck.

Room service has a very limited menu and is not like ordering what is in the dining room each day, however SOME lines do allow you to order anything from that days dinner menu DURING the normal dinner hours. Not all lines do however. and there is usually a wait for it.

On Celebrity, your room steward is in charge of making sure that your water carafe and ice bucket are full and that you have clean glasses.

The room service menu does have hot dishes including pizza and is available 24 hours. Also, you can order from dinner menu during normal dining room hours (I am not sure if the dining room menu is available during the lunch hours).

Archived