Colleenkayte

Colleenkayte

OK... two questions....

1) What on earth would you need a crock pot for on a cruise????? Anyone, chime in here because I cannot think of a **sensible** reason?

(seen it on another message board for "things u wish u brought")

2) Is it considered rude to not want to do the whole "deluxe dining" thing at night?

Hubby and I are young and rarely get to "vacate". The last thing I want to do is get all doodied up for a so-so meal. We are from New Orleans and great food is just a way of life here. Maybe we are just lazy;)

How would that work with the tipping at the end?

I'd appreciate any feedback:cool:

I believe the crock pot was a joke. I have seen that before and the poster was joking.

You can prepay your tips if you want to. Not everyone enjoys the deluxe dining that is why the other restaurants are open at the time, and that is why there is room service. You are on a cruise, you can do what you please. I would suggest going to the deluxe dining the first night and see if you like it and it would give you a chance to meet your table mates.

You're paying for the whole dining thing, and I personally think it's a waste of money not to parttake in the dining room experience. The food isn't just so-so---you might find out it's pretty good food, and there's a lot of it. Dining is a part of the cruise experience, and by missing it you're missing out on a big part of what cruising is all about. If you dine at the buffet every night, that's where you'll find the so so food. And room service just isn't the same as going to the dining room.

And being young has nothing to do with anything. There are thousands of young people who cruise every year, don't have a lot of time for vacations and they love the whole cruise experience. Relax, go with an open mind, and you will find out that you really like everything about cruising, including the main dining room.

We have cruised before with my in-laws (which was fun) and I guess we just felt obligated to eat in the dining room. I didn't think the food was bad by any means I just didn't find it as good as I had expected. Maybe we will try again and have a great time. Thanks.:D

Trying to think of something clever to say about the crock pot .... I'll come back to that.

Don't feel like you have to dine in the dining room each night (or at all). It is your vacation. Do what relaxes you and makes you happy. With that said ... you really should keep the suggested tip on the S&S card. The wait staff in the dining room does more than wait in the dining room. They also work in the casual dining areas and pull room service duty. Regardless of where you dine, a member of the wait staff will provide some service. I think it is fair that your "assigned" waiter/assistant get the tip as a representitve of that staff.

Wow ... even making a joke about the crock pot is a stumper ... LOL.

Colleen, yep, the crockpot joke abounds, and gets really old. Ignore.;)

I'm also from N.O., so I know what you mean about the good food. However, I think you might be pleasantly surprised by the food and presentation (and personal service) in the formal dining room. I like everything except the gumbo, and you know nobody makes it like WE do.:D

Best thing to do about your tips is to leave them in place on the S&S account. Everybody who serves you, no matter where, benefits from those tips.

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived