alaska carnival spirti

chattiepatty

Hi everyone anyone going on a alaska trip on the carnival spirit on july 12,2006 also has anyone been on that trip recently....or during the month of july... looking to see what kind of outerwear i should pack.....for what kind of weather would i expect..... chattie patty

I would start looking at long range forecasts about a month out. When we went to Alaska in Aug of '04 it was really warm even hot. Skagway was about 90 the day we were there!! After watching the weather patterns we took very few warm clothes or as one fellow cruiser put it "we bought a tee shirt in every port to keep cool!"

July 6, 2005. We were blessed. The weather was beautiful. However, sadly this only means that ours was a good week. From what I understand, the weather is very fickle up there. We did not encounter any rain, which is very unusual since Alaska is a rain forest.

We never used heavy jackets, but did wear wind breakers and layered clothing so that we could "peel off" as needed. That was really the key. I bought a fur jacket in Sitka and never got to wear it.

Also the clothing also depends on your planned port activity. We did not climb any glaciers etc (since we had already done that on our week in the Alaska interior prior to the cruise).

I can say you are in for a treat. Alaska was breathtaking and the Spirit was a lovely and wonderful ship.

I am also going on July 12, 2006 on the Spirit. I'm preparing to bring some rain gear and lots of layers... better be safe than sorry !!!! I hate to have to go shopping when I'm traveling......

hi jgo51 where do you live... maybe we will run into each other on the trip it would be nice... i will be traveling with my daughter and her husband and his sister and her husband....let me know...you can either add to the board or e mail me at chattiepatty @aol.com

Archived