Cat 11 Elation

cruz'n ag

My fiance and I just booked our honeymoon cruise for July 25 on Elation. The main purpose for us booking a Cat 11 was for the balcony, but it turns out we booked one of the rooms with an obstructed view, as those are the only ones left, and we did not know this at the time. We are wondering if the obstruction is only minor, or if would we be better off trying to get another cabin? Thanks!!!

Elation 7/25/04
Rhapsody of the Seas 5/03

• 2 weeks later...
I think it depends on the positioning of the lifeboats. Check the deckplan to see where the lifeboats are positioned (I've heard it's pretty accurate), and see if there's any gaps. No gaps, you probably won't have any view. If there's gaps, you'll at least have a partial view. If you can afford it, spring for the 12. DH and I just got off of of the Elation in this room and it was absolutely amazing. Private, quiet balcony, all unobstructed views, huge room... DH and I did our honeymoon on the Elation, also, and we wish we had had this room then! See my link below for pictures of it.

Ecstasy awaits...12/4/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;12;4;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]

Holiday 12/00 - Baja
Elation 05/02 - Mexican Riviera
Elation 05/04 - W. Carribbean
Ecstasy 12/04 - W. Carribbean

[url="http://community.webshots.com/user/aggieastrosfan"]See my pictures![/url]

• 1 month later...
aggieastrosfan - how did you like the Elation? I've never sailed on Carnival, and am a little worried about the reputation for sparse accomodations & flashy decor... not worried enough to stay home though, we just booked for 7 days in January. We are in an oceanview, mid-ship on Empress deck... any thoughts or reviews? Loved your photos, by the way. Any thoughts on the ports & excursions? Did you book through Carnival or go on your own?

We are SO excited... can't wait to be back on a ship!

Archived