Upgrade fairy (upsale) called today

lkjcruiser75

DH and I have a balcony on the lido deck booked for 5 night on Sunshine May 2019. Received a call today offering either ocean view suite for additional $800 or spa balcony for additional $30. We took the spa balcony.This is our 5th cruise and 1st upsale call. 10 months out- I was surprised.

But I'm not sure how the spa works, do you have to sign up or make appointments to go to the different steam rooms or just walk in? Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

On Splendor they have locks on the doors to the T pool thermal suites. On your first visit they take your sign and sail card and put a sticker on it. You then hand in your sign and sail card at the spa desk. They give you a card that opens all the doors in the spa area. When you are totally relaxed, you hand in the spa card and they return your sign and sail card. I never saw it so crowded any appointment would be necessary. Be sure to ask for the complementary skin scrub kit. Makes you smooth and soft all over.

DH and I have a balcony on the lido deck booked for 5 night on Sunshine May 2019. Received a call today offering either ocean view suite for additional $800 or spa balcony for additional $30. We took the spa balcony.This is our 5th cruise and 1st upsale call. 10 months out- I was surprised.

But I'm not sure how the spa works, do you have to sign up or make appointments to go to the different steam rooms or just walk in? Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

Congratulations on your upsell. It's pretty unusual to receive an upsell offer this far in advance. Enjoy your cruise.

Congratulations on your upsell. It's pretty unusual to receive an upsell offer this far in advance. Enjoy your cruise.

That's what I thought, but I did look the day before and the carnival website was only showing 2 cabins on our deck and today they are showing 3 including the cabin we had booked. I guess they are expecting that category to sell well

I have received three different up-sell offers for my Dec Horizon cruise. Received the calls in Feb, April, and June. None of which were interesting to me.

Dunno why so early, with so much time to sell the cabins.

My first (and only) upsell was from a balcony to a suite and I got the call 4-6 months (I cant remember exactly) in advance. Absolutely loved that

Great deal.

I'm sailing on the Sunshine in May 2019 also! I have a balcony booked on the Lido Deck as well. Wished they would call me :(

That's an awesome deal. Go up to the spa and they will give you a tour and tell you about all the bennies of having the spa room. Have a great time!