FOS Formal Night Dress

Leaving on Freedom on less than a month and I can't wait! Just wondering about formal night. How many will there be and what will dress be expected for men (suit jacket optional or not), women and kids. Thanks All!

The RCCL dress code for the MDR no longer seems to be strictly enforced. Formal night MDR attire can be from slacks (and yes I've seen shorts) and a golf shirt to shirt and tie (with or without the jacket) to true formal wear.

The previous answer of "wear what you want" is very true.

Just got off the freedom this morning, and there are two formal nights.

What is worn is quite varied, so if you want to take something nice, you will be in good company. And if you want to travel light, that works, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey feel comfortable to break out the suit and tux anytime! How often do you get to wear it? I do 7 days cruises mostly on RCCL. I LIKE being able to knock the dust off, and get dressed up and show off my purty wife. RCCL typically has 2 formal nights wear I get to take my tux out of moths balls and dress up.

But, we are older, and like the idea of hold hands, and strolling around. So dressing up for each other is part of the romance of the cruise to us. We always use the Formal dining room (like the food better there) and I will typically always dress in my suit. To us, it makes the dining experience more special. If I want to let my hair down, I do the cafeteria.