epic -inside cabin

akabourek

hi

we are sailing the epic on august 5th - and we took a bet by getting an inside guarantee with the hope that we would get an upgrade prior to sailing - as we approach three weeks out, i noticed we have already been assigned an inside cabin, and from what i have heard the cabin space itself is smaller than the balcony cabins - has anyone had experience with the inside cabins on the epic - is there a lot less storage space? is there a chair/couch or only the beds for seating?

thanks

You made a mistake, thinking you would get upgraded. You booked an inside, you should have expected an inside. :) Did you happen to get a bidding invitation? If so, I'd suggest using it.

As for the cabins, yes they have limited storage space. No couch with most insides. and a stool for one for sitting. I'd suggest you be reasonable with your packing, a lot of people bring way more than they need. I'm gone for weeks on my trips, and never take more than my 25 inch bag. Laundry is your friend. ;)

hi

we are sailing the epic on august 5th - and we took a bet by getting an inside guarantee with the hope that we would get an upgrade prior to sailing - as we approach three weeks out, i noticed we have already been assigned an inside cabin, and from what i have heard the cabin space itself is smaller than the balcony cabins - has anyone had experience with the inside cabins on the epic - is there a lot less storage space? is there a chair/couch or only the beds for seating?

thanks

Hi,

Have had inside twice on epic, it is compact & wouldn't imagine it was the same size as a balcony, we liked the arrangement of the toilet / shower. There was no sofa /couch not enough room there is a stool next to a sort of vanity unit. We found the space okay, as we dont spend a lot of time in our cabin.

We also had an inside on the Jade last year& again found it okay.

HTH

Yes the inside is small. Some people have suggested that if it works for you to have the bed pushed up against the wall gives you a bit more space. As far as space the closet is s good size with shelving and some baskets on one of the doors. Drawers at the vanity are good. eedfbcefa29b84d7a1c02c7360937234.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had an inside cabin and although it is smaller than a balcony cabin and doesn't have a couch it's fine.

I would recommend having the bed as two singles instead of a queen, this gives you more space in the middle rather than 1/2 that space on each side of the room.

The storage is OK and I loved the baskets in the wardrobe, we found them to be very useful.

The tiny sink is tricky to get used to but that's the same in balcony or inside cabins.

Don't fret about your cabin it'll be fine just enjoy your cruise

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We have had an inside cabin 4 times on the Epic and never again. We usually sail for 21 days and it is just too small. The biggest problem I have is it is soooooooooooo dark. We have always done inside cabins and at least you could turn on a light but the insides on the Epic when you turn the lights on feels like it is dusk.

Last time on the Epic was a mini suite and it is the same size as a balcony on the Epic but sooooooo much nicer than an inside and the space is unbelievable compared to an inside. If you can afford an upgrade, I would suggest getting one.

We have had an inside cabin 4 times on the Epic and never again. We usually sail for 21 days and it is just too small. The biggest problem I have is it is soooooooooooo dark. We have always done inside cabins and at least you could turn on a light but the insides on the Epic when you turn the lights on feels like it is dusk.

Last time on the Epic was a mini suite and it is the same size as a balcony on the Epic but sooooooo much nicer than an inside and the space is unbelievable compared to an inside. If you can afford an upgrade, I would suggest getting one.

Omg yes, no matter what it always seemed dark & gloomy! Would definitely do Epic again but never an inside.