Sapphire, are the shaver sockets dual voltage?

minke

Reason I ask is because we are doing the 27 night Asia cruise in sept & being from UK my camera battery charger will only work at 240 volts. Last oct on the Grand Princess I had to use the 240v part of the shaver socket to charge my camera batteries.

We were on the 12/17 Sapphire cruise. According to the Princess cruise Answer Book, cabins are "equipped with a 110-volt, 60-cycle alternating current (AC) with standard US plug fittings."

We have a fairly high resolution photo of the AB cabin (mini-suite) head. It shows a standard US plug above the lavatory sink.

However, here's what's strange: I didn't use that plug because I used a blade razor. But I distincly remember the little face/symbol next to the plug that is seen in all European hotels, signifying a shaver point with dual voltage. (It's a little whiskery face)

Definetely, I can say the plug in the head was not set up to handle one of the larger UK plug types.

Archived