Gone with the Wind, War & Peace, What Time is the Midnight Buffet??

Danno

I leave in ten days to do research for my new book "I've a coupon...I've got a coupon"!! I'm taking orders now...all I need is your VISA number or a ship board credit :D.

(notice...close to a hundred replies to this post...we've had a lot of fun, we've supported one of our own...and Cruingwithmarti hasn't shown up to tell me how I see everything as a "glass half full"...I guess you have to pick your spots :rolleyes: )

Been in Philadelphia since Thursday; supposed to have flown home yesterday, but a MAJOR snowstorm cancelled our early Saturday evening flight and kept us grounded here. It's simply beautiful in the city, and even though a lot of places are closed, we are having a wonderful time. Being stranded away from home in a snowstorm hasn't been all bad: Just read the first couple of installments of Chester's APHC cruise installments to my daughter over hot cocoas.

When we called home this evening, I asked DH if I had received a package that looked like a book ... and he said I had. I guess my book arrived on Friday. Now I can't wait to get home tomorrow night (I hope!) and read it .... no, no, I must have will power and pack it for my cruise in a couple of weeks.

It will be sooo hard not to read it.:D

Cheers,

I ordered mine way back in September, shortly after it was first released and I stayed up most of the night reading it. It looks like it has been run over by a hundred trucks, dipped in oil, and tar and feathered. I think it's time I order another copy from Chester!

It has made it's way through my entire family now, all 24 of them! Because my brother and sister-in-law enjoyed the book so much, they booked their first cruise and sailed in January on HAL's Westerdam.

After reading Chester's first two cruise reviews online, my in-laws booked their first cruise and sailed last July on Millenium.

My husband's sister also booked a cruise after her parents raved about their Millenium cruise - they sail in Jan 07 and are next in line to read Chester's book but are reading my dogearred printouts of the first two online reviews.

Our friends from Brussels, Belgium are reading it now - they go on their first cruise this May, booked after I emailed them chapter after chapter after chapter of Chester's first two reviews.

So, singlehandedly, Chester has been responsible for getting the most reluctant and stubborn members of my family (and friends) to try cruising! Thanks Chester... I've been talking up cruising (til I was blue in the face no less) after each of my six cruises, but Chester writes his reviews and all of a sudden they have their travel agents on speed dial!!!

Keep it up Chester! I'm totally hooked on your APHC cruise and can't wait for the next chapter. You are an incredibly gifted writer and I'm so happy to see that you have such a devoted fan base. Now, get back to writing so we can get our next fix! heehee

Thanks to Danno for starting such a great thread!

Karen

Archived