Photos of Legend Re-fit

Daneite

Kathryn:

I agree with you! And it's also amazing that Capt. G-A would go to the trouble to provide us all with the photojournal! I'm REALLY looking forward to my first trip in April...The Lady Legend is "all dressed up" with plenty of places to go! (And taking ME with her!) :D

Congratulations to the crew and laborers/refitters!

Paul :)

There were some kinks.

I will write them up when I get home tonight.

We had 8 days of rain and the internet was down for the first half of the trip.

Give me a little time to pay the bills then I will write some things tonight.

I took some pictures but I have no place to post them.

DD

Well I must tell you being the first out of the starting gate after drydock is not an experience to behold if you are uptight at all. They should probably discount the first cruise after drydock. I rated the cruise as a 7 out of 10. Now for me just being on the ship is like coming home so I rarely have anything to complain about. So here are my superficial comments.

Even at the end of two weeks things weren't 100% completed. They still had not put up all the tarp covers around the ship and stuff like that. I did put this on the comment card. The ship probably should come out of drydock and then put the Blue Lagoon people on it for a week to pick out all the problems. 99% of all the problems were with the Hotel side and as such everything that all my travelling companions were complaining about all point back to the Hotel Manager (as the utlimate responsible party).

The Internet was down for the first 6 days of the cruise. It took them all of the two weeks I was on the ship to get the jacuzzis running.

The Deck Crew worked around the clock it seemed. Painting, varnishing putting up tarps etc. One of the guys explained to me that the fury of drydock causes lots of damage to the painted walls that is why there was so much painting to be done around the ship.

They had run out of Rose's Lime Juice so poor Taylor couldn't drink his gimlets. He had to suffer thru Gin and Tonics.

Not a single person on the ship (that I talked too) received the "Pre-ordered" items correctly. But I have never had this happen so I never expect it. The cabin stewardess always fixes it right away.

My room was fine but others were complaining that their rooms were dirty (not just dust but other "stuff" like mold in the shower and screws and sawdust on the floor). They found the glasses in the room were actually dirty with something like looked like dry egg yolk. YUK! They complained to the Hotel Manager for a couple of days but in the end the room never really was truly clean even after a couple of days. They still had construction dust in their room.

They had a couple of days that they were only at 50% laundry capacity so they had to break out all new linens for the dining room and the rooms. Then after they were back at 100% capacity they had to return all the extras they took out back to stock. This meant people were working extra hours to get this stuff back in the ship stores and not attending to other things (like customers)

There were many crew changes that occured during the dry dock so it took the crew about a week to come together as a team. Jo and Luca did an exceptional job as usual on running the restaurant under some difficult conditions.

The formal nights seen extra hectic for some reason. Maybe it was that we had rough sees for the first one so many people ordered room service and after that came out in droves. It could be that it is always crazy and I just never noticed it.

It rained 8 out of 14 days. I hope Taylor has better weather on the way back. It did rain on our beach picnic but lots of folks toughed it out under umbrellas. It also rained out our movie under the stars :(. I will be just a little upset if he has 14 perfect days on the way back.

All in all it wasn't really upto the usually Seabourn standard. I am pretty easy going but lots of folks on the trip were complaining that it just wasn't up to par. The cruise probably damaged many peoples loyality to the line. Lots of folks talked about trying Silverseas.

DD

The post-dry dock problems seem similar to those suffered by Pride (no one has heard from Spirit in quite awhile and hopefully the Singapore drydock was handled better). But like you, Don, I don't understand why they did a full fare shakedown cruise. Most cruiselines don't, for the very reasons you pointed out. Either the shakedown is done by management (good idea to get Blue Lagoon on a ship every once in awhile) or is very steeply discounted, with fair warning to the pax. Somebody wasn't thinking clearly here.

Archived