Ft. Lauderdale Embarkation/Debarkation

trishalee

Can some nice person please give me the real skinny on this subject? Is the real problem that the Liberty is the biggest ship at the pier and they're not used to/prepared for it? Are there too few CCL reps to expedite things? Or is the problem with Custons Agents, or a combo of all three. We are leaving a week from Sunday, and I am really PUMPED! Just wanting things to go well for me and my hubby (whom I am dragging on this cruise!) Any expert opinions out there?:p

We got to the Pier at 11:30 and we waited about a hour to get on the ship. It was no biggie for me, I expected that since I havd been reading the boards.

We got off the ship in about 20 minutes at most once they called our color. It was very quick. Luggage was super easy to navigate through.

On the 12/10 sailing we got their between 11:30 and NOON. The line was outside of the building, but not to long. I would say it took about an hour (maybe a bit more) before we were on the ship. The lines kept moving just enough to not get frustrated. It will definitely help you if you have your paperwork all filled out before you get in line. Not only the funpass but the couple of other forms that will come with your docs. By having this completed you will save a few minutes during the actual check in. Once that's completed you'll go thru security (like the airport), they have 4 or 5 lines for this, and then another line for your S&S picture. Once that's done, you're ready to board. :D

Getting off the ship was a breeze. We were the first color called, Empress Aft, and were in the shuttle to the airport by 9:42am.

Have a great cruise.

I think a problem being - everyone tries to get off first.. and create bottle necks. also--people are aksed to stay away from the atrium lounge and go to another public area..and people dont listen. (they are afraid theywill msis something maybe.) creating more of a problem with people getting off.

Personally-- if you are not in a hurry--take your time getting off and you should be fine.

I think a problem being - everyone tries to get off first.. and create bottle necks. also--people are aksed to stay away from the atrium lounge and go to another public area..and people dont listen. (they are afraid theywill msis something maybe.) creating more of a problem with people getting off.

Personally-- if you are not in a hurry--take your time getting off and you should be fine.

We didn't see any of this on our cruise. This is the first cruise I've done where you're allowed to stay in your room until called. We were able to make it to the dining room for breakfast at 8am. We took our time and said our last goodbyes to people we met. We then went back to the room finished up and waited. We were on Empress Aft so when we were called we went to deck 5 to walk towards the front of the ship. There were people sitting along the promenade area but not in any big crowds. There was a bit of a slowdown as we went down to deck 3 but that's only because of how they had the lines set up for the exit. It wasn't to bad.

I think they must have allowed a few minutes to pass after the early departers and self-debarkation people got off.

I don't know if it would be this smooth if you were one of the last groups called.

Hope all these supposed 'problems' are solved by April 2007! I would have no problem waiting an hour to board, as we did that while boarding the Miracle out of Tampa this past April... As far as getting off the ship, I had to book a 430 PM flight from FLL (as Delta changed my flight times), so I'm hoping they'll let us stay in the cabin or have a leisurely breakfast and wait for everyone else to disembark..:p We can only hope...;)

Just home from the Legend out of Ft. Lauderdale. My advice is to get the the terminal early - we arrived about 11:15. You will be in the front of the line, and in the best spot, regardless of when they start embarking. (We were on board before noon). Make sure all your docs are filled out ahead of time. For debarkation, I would highly suggest doing self-assist. We did this, and were off by 8:15, avoiding all the lines, the rush, and the sitting around the public spaces waiting to be called. Both experiences were great.

Archived