Jetsking in Key West

WaterCrazzy

i'm looking to rent jetski's in Key West but i'm really not interested in a "tour", i own two myself so i'm not looking to be lead around by the nose ;) . Anybody know if this is possible, last year i went on the imagination but it started thundering and carrying on when i got off the ship and we decided not to go out on the water when the thunderstorm was rolling in. :D

Anyone has experience in this area, opinions? Some info would be great, can't seem to find anything on the net!

Thanks in Advance!

Your best bet may be to go to the Key West section of the Ports of Call folder here and ask your same question there as folks who know a lot about Key West and even live in Key West can probably give you the most reliable answer.

Failing that, check this web site to see if unguided tours with rented jet skis are available. My best guess is to say--yes--they are. But check this web site to be sure.

http://www.see-KeyWest.com

Sorry about that. I hope you were not inconvenienced. My bad. I thought I was in the cruise questions folder.

Now that we have clarified that, did you check out the link I furnished you to find the answer to your question? Another web site you might check for helpful links is:

http://www.keysnews.com

Also check:

http://www.floridakeys.com

I've been to Key West several times now, and my husband and I have rented Jet Skis from a company that has a building right on the Hilton Dock. It is directly in front of the Hyatt timeshare. We went on the tour once (which we actually LOVED) and then rented it twice more just to ride. The way they do the "free" ride is to take you out to a piece of water and give you parameters that you can't go out of. It was a pretty big space to us, and my husband had fun. He says to tell you to go on the tour though, as it's really neat, and the guy will let you cut up a little if you know what you're doing. We understand what you mean about led about by the nose, as we own 4wheelers and ride quite a bit. He's probably going to make someone mad on the Costa Maya excursion to see the ruins. :eek: He paid $90 for an hour and a half. The tour is $100+ but it lasts 2 hours. You get to see where they dug sub channels and also stop and play on a sand bar. If your ship docks at the right spot, you will literally be 30 feet away from the business that rents them. It's a small white shack and I cannot for the life of me remember the name of it. Sorry about that.

Mary and Steve

yeah i know what ur talking about, i was there last spring and saw the place.... i don't know what to do, i'd enjoy it but i'm affraid of the whole "don't do this and don't do that" deal... guess we'll see

i love jetsking and i'm very "playfull" lol...did you guys see any wildlife or reefs worth noting? i don't think i'd do the tour but rather do a hour thing...see any dolphins or anything?

• 3 weeks later...
I've been to Key West several times now, and my husband and I have rented Jet Skis from a company that has a building right on the Hilton Dock. It is directly in front of the Hyatt timeshare. We went on the tour once (which we actually LOVED) and then rented it twice more just to ride. The way they do the "free" ride is to take you out to a piece of water and give you parameters that you can't go out of. It was a pretty big space to us, and my husband had fun. He says to tell you to go on the tour though, as it's really neat, and the guy will let you cut up a little if you know what you're doing. We understand what you mean about led about by the nose, as we own 4wheelers and ride quite a bit. He's probably going to make someone mad on the Costa Maya excursion to see the ruins. :eek: He paid $90 for an hour and a half. The tour is $100+ but it lasts 2 hours. You get to see where they dug sub channels and also stop and play on a sand bar. If your ship docks at the right spot, you will literally be 30 feet away from the business that rents them. It's a small white shack and I cannot for the life of me remember the name of it. Sorry about that.

Mary and Steve

Island Watersports. They are at the same dock that RCCL uses (Pier B)

http://www.islandwatersports.us

I took this island tour and it was fun.

• 1 year later...

I noticed that Island Watersports requires a $300 deposit of cash or cc per jet ski. We only have a debit card and I can guarantee we won't have an extra $600 sitting in there by the time we go on the cruise! Is there a way around this or maybe another company that doesn't charge so much for a deposit?

I've been to Key West several times now, and my husband and I have rented Jet Skis from a company that has a building right on the Hilton Dock.
Note that the Hilton is now a Westin.

We had planned to take a jetski tour last month, but had to cut our vacation short and go home. Even though we've rented jetskis in other places before and my husband is an experienced "driver", we still plan to take the tour. We've talked to others who have done it and it sounds like a lot of fun, and very informative at the same time. It sounds like if there are only a few of you taking the tour, they kind of tailor it to your liking.

Archived