Problem with Hub app showing wrong balance

luckybecky

I have cruise cash and an OBC when booked. Since I bought the cruise cash, will ALL of that just be a credit in MY folio? What a pain! I assumed it would be for my husband, myself and a tiny bit for our 2 kids . Will I have to be the one to buy everything so as to not have them run up a bill?

So the issue is when there are gift cards on an account? If the room has an OBC, it is split between guests?

In my experience, OBC has been split evenly between me and my mother.

I have never had a phantom balance on my account. The Hub app has always been accurate. The TV was too slow to respond when I pressed a button. I have used gift cards for three cruises and cash for four cruises. With one exception, I am always primary. The gift cards and/or cash are on my folio number. I have always given my mother charging privileges.

The exception was 12/26/16 on the Fantasy out of Mobile. I originally booked the cruise using my VIFP number. A few days later, my mother got an actual offer, not just the standard past guest offer, that dropped the total price $60 and gave $50 OBC. I called and applied her offer to the cruise. When we were checking in at the terminal, I handed the cash over and the lady asked for my mother's signature. I asked why, but the lady didn't know. When I opened the app, the cash was all on my mother's folio, and the OBC and refunded overcharged port fees were split evenly. My mother charged very little on that cruise. When I went over my roughly $40, funds were pulled from her folio balance. It took me until this year to realize that applying her offer made her primary.

Each of the three times I have used gift cards, my mother's gratuities caused her to go over her roughly $40. The rest was pulled from the gift cards that were assigned to my folio number.

If you only have one account for everybody in the cabin, then it shouldn't matter which folio number made the charge. Funds are on the account, not each folio number.

If the app displays a credit and a corresponding equal charge, that means you probably prepaid something. Every paid thing you do on the ship will be charged to your account, even if you prepay. They charge your account and then apply the prepayment.

I have cruise cash and an OBC when booked. Since I bought the cruise cash, will ALL of that just be a credit in MY folio? What a pain! I assumed it would be for my husband, myself and a tiny bit for our 2 kids ��. Will I have to be the one to buy everything so as to not have them run up a bill?

This is my question too...I will have $50 OBC and $150 cruise cash. So they OBC is split between our two folios, while all the cruise cash goes to my folio?

But it supposedly doesn’t matter, because at the end, all the cruise cash is used to cover BOTH folios? Is that correct?

Is there anything I need to do to ensure that? I will probably spend less than him, so I don’t want it charged to a credit card on his, while I get a refund because of leftover cruise cash.

This is my question too...I will have $50 OBC and $150 cruise cash. So they OBC is split between our two folios, while all the cruise cash goes to my folio?

But it supposedly doesn’t matter, because at the end, all the cruise cash is used to cover BOTH folios? Is that correct?

Is there anything I need to do to ensure that? I will probably spend less than him, so I don’t want it charged to a credit card on his, while I get a refund because of leftover cruise cash.

Set up two accounts. One for you, one for him. Don’t give the other spending privileges.