Sirius at Sea?

Mojo123

We've got a balcony on the Grand Princess on 1/21 so I thought I could take my home antenna and throw it out there. From what I understand the satellite orbits over the north central part of the US. I was concerned that if you went too far south you would lose the signal. Thanks for the reply. This board is a great find for a 1st time cruiser!

You are most welcome! I agree with you, thiss board is a great resource. You'll get a wide spectrum of opinions no matter what you ask, and you learn all the neat little cruising secrets!

I did a little more research, and it looks like you should bring your radio along! This page talks about satellite radio in the Caribbean. Apparently Sirius works, but XM does not. (Too bad, my cruise-loving in-laws are XM subscribers!)

I hope you have a great time. It's just a couple of weeks away for you...do you think you're ready? :)

Wow! That's exactly what I was looking for. I even googled it but didn't find the siriusbackstage site or the other great info.

I think I'm ready - I may need to stop reading the reviews on this site. Seems like lots of people having problems on the Grand with tendering, embarkation, disembarkation, the ship, the crew, .............

Thanks again for the info!

Archived