Considering 5/21 San Diego to Vancouver Repo...

and would love to hear from people who have done this route before. We are leaning toward the 6 night Radiance vs 7 night Serenade since Radiance has a longer stay in San Francisco and still has Jr Suites available but right now are still considering both. Also any info/feedback on the ships would be appreciated. Things not to miss onboard, or at the ports (particularly Astoria since we know nothing about that port).

This will be our 3rd RCCL cruise and 4th cruise overall so we are not newbies, but would love input. I have searched the boards and have done some research but would love input. Thanks everyone

I took the Vision repositioning last year and followed it with a Radiance Alaskan cruise. The Radiance and Serenade are the same class ships, but I think the Radiance is prettier. I had great service on both ships. The Vision did not call on Astoria, but I have been there before. It's a nice, quaint ocean town. I really enjoyed the repositioning cruise and we are deciding whether to put a deposit on the Radiance cruise. I think for the money, the Radiance is a much better deal.

Thanks Mimikins, we have done Vision to Mexican Riviera so we wanted to try a different ship (both because we like checking out different ships and we also prefer larger ships). We are definately leaning toward Radiance over Serenade but it will also depend on what cabins are available on each and pricing when we are actually ready to book (we prefer junior suites whenever possible but would "settle" for a balcony). Just waiting on DH vacation count before we can book. Spending more time in Frisco is also the draw for Radiance vs Serenade.

Anyone else have any info or opinions? And for those of you have done the CA to Vancouver repo, what was the weather like (May) and were the seas generally calm or rough?

Archived