cc class and best cabin on Millinenium

cruzinmag

We are looking at a cruise and have never cruised on Celebrity... I do not exactly know what is included in CC class and which of these cabins are the best placement.

On Royal caribbean you have a concierge suite available to you each night... is it something like that... a lounge with a butler, food and drinks or what.

We have stayed in cabin 9038 on every cruise on Millie and on Infinity. We love the positioning - sort of forward midship. It is on a curve of the ship so the balcony is larger than normal - more square in size so it is easier to have a table out there. Convenient to everything and little noise. We love being one deck below the spa/restaurant/pool deck. We also find it convenient to the elevators without getting the noise from them. We wanted to cruise 4/16 but someone had "our" room so we moved to 4/9 just to get it. That's how much we love it.

Concierge class is simply a bit difference in service - we compared it to our Celebrity suite experience and it almost feels like a suite service without afternoon, a butler and a bathtub. Their website lists all the amenities you get. For us it is worth the extra price, for others maybe not.

Hope this helps.

The value of the CC cabins is a personal choice. We have had them the last two cruises. To us the real value is the fresh fruit every day, the priority disembarkation on port days, the umbrella for rainy days and the hors d'oeuvres delivered daily to whet you appetite prior to dinner. The other stuff was of little value to us.

Since we have always booked aft cabins you have no choice but a CC. :cool:

We had our 1st cruise ever on Constellation 12/05. We had reserved a guaranteed balcony and were assigned a cc class cabin (don't know if there's a difference). Cabin was #7193. I thought cabin was great, near aft, very quiet surroundings. We had a nicer table for dinner, and the few times we asked for assistance with any type of reservation, etc., we were always 1st asked our cabin #, which indicated we were cc and I believe influenced our position in the pecking order. We also had 2 concierges at our disposal, but never used them. I still don't know if balcony is automatically cc or not, but I'd say a balcony is much more important than cc.

We had our 1st cruise ever on Constellation 12/05. We had reserved a guaranteed balcony and were assigned a cc class cabin (don't know if there's a difference). Cabin was #7193. I thought cabin was great, near aft, very quiet surroundings. We had a nicer table for dinner, and the few times we asked for assistance with any type of reservation, etc., we were always 1st asked our cabin #, which indicated we were cc and I believe influenced our position in the pecking order. We also had 2 concierges at our disposal, but never used them. I still don't know if balcony is automatically cc or not, but I'd say a balcony is much more important than cc.

You'll find out that not all balcony cabins are Concierge Class cabins and you might also be interested that Concierge Class cabins and veranda's are somewhat larger as well (191 vs 170 sq ft cabin and 41 vs 38 sq ft veranda) . In my experience, the cabin number does not have any impact on dinner table or reservation preference....it's just the one way they have to tie your reservation to you (and your ship board credit, if appropriate). The extra cabin and service amenities and cabin size are the basic distinctions of Concierge Class.

I have a question about your cabin on Constellation. There have been other postings about yellow or brackish water in the aft cabins on Constellation recently. Did you have any experience with less than clear water out of the tap or shower in your cabin? (Maybe it's been fixed). My wife and I are back there in March.

We are looking at a cruise and have never cruised on Celebrity... I do not exactly know what is included in CC class and which of these cabins are the best placement.

On Royal caribbean you have a concierge suite available to you each night... is it something like that... a lounge with a butler, food and drinks or what.

Celebrity's CC cabins do not include a special lounge or suite.

Here is a list of cabins you might wish to consider. Each of these CC cabins is "special" in some way or another, and if you look at a deck plan, you'll probably see it has to do with balcony size. Many in this list are aft cabins with balconies rivaled only by the large suites.

Deck 9: 9043,9038 and 9201,9164,9162,9160 aft

Deck 8: 8045,8046 and 8185,8176,8172,8170 aft

Deck 7: 7203,7212,7208,7206 aft

Deck 6: 6135,6136,6143,6144

• 2 months later...
We have stayed in cabin 9038 on every cruise on Millie and on Infinity. We love the positioning - sort of forward midship. It is on a curve of the ship so the balcony is larger than normal - more square in size so it is easier to have a table out there. We wanted to cruise 4/16 but someone had "our" room so we moved to 4/9 just to get it. That's how much we love it.

the We are Cathy and I and I am looking forward to your perfect cabin. Booked it in November and it was recommended to us by the Celebrity agent we talked to on the phone turns out it was her Cabin as well and she could not recommend it enough so it was an easy choice. Maybe we will see you in passing as you are leaving and we are coming.

• 1 month later...

Some cruisers have commented they would never stay in a cabin right beneath an activity deck (such as the Resort deck on Millenium) due to the noise from running kids or chairs begin dragged around at all hours. From the location of 9038 (under the Aquaspa men's changing room?) this does not appear to be an issue? Has anyone had any issues with noise in that cabin?

Thanks,

Steve

Archived