Vegas rewards through travel agent

Can I claim an obc from Vegas rewards if I’m using a travel agent?

I have enough for $100 obc and we are considering a cruise for the winter. But we want to book through a particular company because we would get a very good deals on flights if we do.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I just submitted my email to club royale and I booked through a TA. The price was exactly what online. I'll let you how it works out for me, or if you have info it would greatly appreciated. I've only use rewards from MyVegas in Vegas before.

Since I booked my cruise at the same price the cruise line was offering, I got the OBC. I had to forward the info to my TA and they got it applied. My understanding is if you booked with a TA and it was part of GC it doesn't qualify because the cruise was discounted. Hope this helps.

The travel agent cannot put your reservation into a group reservation. I booked with Royal Caribbean, then transferred it to my preferred TA and received in the email from them that it would not be put into a group reservation.

Last year I booked directly with Royal, redeemed av$250 obc, then transferred my booking to my TA for their perks. This year, since we were already past final payment when booking, the best deal was with the TA. I tried to add the $100 obc but was denied because my TA had us booked thru a group rate (and obc). It does state in the fine print that if booked with a TA, it can’t be combined with a group rate.

Of course, the week after I booked, they came out with the 10% reward. That would have been the best savings. YMMV