Booking our first Royal Caribbean cruise, now, Labor Day or Black Friday sale?

Hi, we are planning a cruise for next August or September. I am gathering prices and itineraries for a group of couples. From past experiences will there be a better time to make the bookings? I remember seeing some good offers from travel agents on Black Friday but have had our cruises booked by that time in the past. Thanks for any advice!

Hi, we are planning a cruise for next August or September. I am gathering prices and itineraries for a group of couples. From past experiences will there be a better time to make the bookings? I remember seeing some good offers from travel agents on Black Friday but have had our cruises booked by that time in the past. Thanks for any advice!
Wife and l have been cruising for years now and it pretty much doesn't matter what they are calling the sale or how much precent off it is the prices stay almost the same. The prices rise and fall every few weeks and as stated you can call and get the lower price when it falls to lock that price in. Some TA will have group rates cause that they can give to anyone that will help to lower price, but may not be eligible for OBC. Good luck and have fun.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

Thanks everyone! I will check with a TA for group rates once we know how many are interested. To get the better rate when it drops do we have to book nonrefundable or refundable? Are you able to adjust to a better rate or room with the nonrefundable cruise?

Last Thanksgiving, we booked our next cruise while cruising on Oasis. When we got back, there was a Black Friday sale that got extended with a better price overall considering the OBC. We called RCI and had them adjust the package. The cruise cost a little more but the OBC was quite a bit more giving us a better overall price. In the end, we got $400 OBC for a balcony cabin. This worked for us because we knew we would spend every penny of the OBC through specialty dining and beverage packages.

Thanks everyone! I will check with a TA for group rates once we know how many are interested. To get the better rate when it drops do we have to book nonrefundable or refundable? Are you able to adjust to a better rate or room with the nonrefundable cruise?

As far as price drops and getting a better room it does not matter if you book refundable or non refundable rates.

Groups with Royal are refundable unless you book a category that wasn’t part of the original group and move it into the group in which case you are paying the going rate and moving your reservation into the group usually for additional OBC.

I agree that the sales that run regularly are pretty much BS. That said, the Enchanment cruise that is up next for me was a great Black Friday sale.