Mt Roberts Tram and Mendenhall Glacier

AlwayzCruising

is there a cruise shore excursion that combines both Mt Toberts Tram and Mendenhall Glacier together? I tried to look on the cruise website and didn’t see anything but was hoping maybe someone knew of someone who combines the two for a little better rate!! Thanks

Never book Mt Roberts in advance. Make sure you can see the top. This is a simple walk up purchase. Not any "combo" tour. The ticket is an all day ticket, and only a 6 minute ride. go up when you want to. There is no advantage to any Mendenhall "tour" either. There are shuttles right at the dock, or get a cab- with a return called, 1/2 hour prior to needing it..

The rates are going to be fixed, for the tram.

We have a Toursaver coupon for buy-1-get-1 for Mt. Roberts, and was thinking to use it. The tram does not go up very high. We also saw it surrounded by cloud. Since we cannot see it up there, we decided not to go up there as we know we won't be able to see down.

We did the Mt. Roberts Tram and Mendenhall on our own in one day without any problems. The only thing I can say is we also hiked on the trails at the top of the tram. It was very beautiful. The trails go up a long ways, you cannot see this from street level, but the mountain goes up much higher than the top of the tram. You could hike all day if you wanted. Tram was crowded, trails were not.

Mendenhall was fun too. However, we saw Davidson Glacier as part of an excursion in Skagway, and I thought walking all the way up to Davidson was a better experience than Mendenhall (skipping Mendenhall probably would be my choice if I had a do - over). However, if you have no other glacier visits then for sure go see Mendenhall.

Have fun.

We have a Toursaver coupon for buy-1-get-1 for Mt. Roberts, and was thinking to use it. The tram does not go up very high. We also saw it surrounded by cloud. Since we cannot see it up there, we decided not to go up there as we know we won't be able to see down.

But you had to pay for the toursaver booklet, I am assuming? That’s the only thing I found for it?! Kind of defeats the purpose of getting a better price if that’s all I use it for!!!

We did the Mt. Roberts Tram and Mendenhall on our own in one day without any problems. The only thing I can say is we also hiked on the trails at the top of the tram. It was very beautiful. The trails go up a long ways, you cannot see this from street level, but the mountain goes up much higher than the top of the tram. You could hike all day if you wanted. Tram was crowded, trails were not.

Mendenhall was fun too. However, we saw Davidson Glacier as part of an excursion in Skagway, and I thought walking all the way up to Davidson was a better experience than Mendenhall (skipping Mendenhall probably would be my choice if I had a do - over). However, if you have no other glacier visits then for sure go see Mendenhall.

Have fun.

Thanks for the advice on Davidson Glacier. I will check that out too. You always hear about Mendenhall but not many of the others.

I went to Mendenhall in 2005 ... so I have seen it but it’s my husbands first time to Alaska.

We have this excursion booked for our cruise in August. Reviews were good and we were able to use Chase points to pay for it as well...

https://www.viator.com/tours/Juneau/Juneau-Shore-Excursion-City-and-Mendenhall-Glacier-Tour-with-Seafood-Lunch-or-Dinner-on-Mt-Roberts/d941-5857SHXGLACIERSALMON

I will check that out a little more when I get home tonight!! Thanks for the advice. I’m not much of a seafood eater, but the hubby is!! He can always eat mine and then I can eat when I get back on the ship!!!!

Thanks again!!