Looking for Recent Gem Info for Florida & Bahamas?

2kruzers

Getting excited for our upcoming trip in August - only dallies I can find are from April - anyone have a more recent version that they can share? My dd (age 11) is obssessed with karaoke and already has her outfit picked out for the white party! Also, I keep hearing about a couple who do an acrobatic show but what is it called? So if a show starts at 7, what time does it let out - I booked dining for 8:30, do you think that will work? Finally, does anyone know if the hair dryer is a full size dryer kept in a drawer or is attached to the bathroom? Last question for now, we booked the Space Center Tour through NCL as we are only there for a half day, any thoughts on a touring stategy to make the most of our time? Thanks in advance for your help.

You are probably thinking of the Russian couple, circus performers Rinat & Elena Kagirovsi, refer to as the Acrobatic Duo Elegia. Show lasted probably no more than 45 minutes, maybe just 30 minutes - you will have plenty of time to exit after the show & work your way across the crowds to your 8:30 dinner reservation. They also autographed their DVD on sale afterward outside the Stardust, part of the proceeds are for a worthwhile charity cause they support. Of course, there's almost a chance that they are scheduled to take their vacation-time off and away, substituted by a different show - check "your" Dailies onboard for the definitive words.

It is a full-size & powerful 220V hair dryer at the mirrored dresser table, not in the bathroom ... for 95% those cruising, no need to pack one's own.

Dailies for this route really, doesn't varied or changed that much - what you saw for April is likely almost identical to "newer" ones this month, and same old for next month ... and, they are pretty much the same as last year with the Gem.

Sorry, can't help you with KSC touring strategy, the ones organized by NCL do get to stay longer beyond official closing time from what I "recall" hearing from others.

No food allowed to be taken off the ship (subject to fines & disposal) but you probably want to have a plan for bottled water to maintain hydration, maybe some energy bars until you are back on the ship for dinner.

We did this cruise in May. My kids (ages 9 and 8) wanted to do karaoke as well. We went to Bliss for family karaoke but were a little disappointed. The choices of songs were not stuff that my kids knew. Hopefully your daughter knows some older songs! We did the space center tour through NCL when we did the same cruise 2 years ago. On the bus ride to the center, they will give you a map and go over how to see the most for your time in the park. When we went to Atlantis, there was a movie that you could watch before you went to the room to see the shuttle. We skipped the movie to save time and got to be in the shuttle room practically by ourselves. It made it worth it! Enjoy your cruise!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Getting excited for our upcoming trip in August - only dallies I can find are from April - anyone have a more recent version that they can share? My dd (age 11) is obssessed with karaoke and already has her outfit picked out for the white party! Also, I keep hearing about a couple who do an acrobatic show but what is it called? So if a show starts at 7, what time does it let out - I booked dining for 8:30, do you think that will work? Finally, does anyone know if the hair dryer is a full size dryer kept in a drawer or is attached to the bathroom? Last question for now, we booked the Space Center Tour through NCL as we are only there for a half day, any thoughts on a touring stategy to make the most of our time? Thanks in advance for your help.

I do have a version of the Dailies from late July - but like a previous person said, they don't really change much.

The acrobatic show currently on the Gem in DuoQuintessence. You can check them out on Instagram, but it is a show you don't want to miss. It's phenomenal!

The shows typically last about 45min to an hour. An 8:30 dinner will be just fine.

The hair dryer in our cabin was full sized and kept outside of the washroom. affixed to the wall.

I did the Kennedy Space Centre Tour but didn't book it through the ship. This saved about $25pp. However, I still found it expensive for the time you get there. You easily need a full day, from open to close to see most things. We found it extremely rushed and we missed quote a few exhibits.