NCL iConcierge

Shoppie124

We just used it for 11 days on the Spirit. You have to download the app before the cruise to the devices you want to use. When you get on the ship you can register your app to your name and cabin and have full free access to your account, reservations for dinners, what is happening on the ship. For $9.95 per device you can add messaging. This allows you to text others on the ship that have also paid the $9.95. We used this daily to text with our teen, who had the app on her iPod. It works great, but you do not get a notification, you have to be diligent about checking for messages. Wasn’t a problem for us, as I knew approximately when she would be texting us. We have done the app 3 times and will continue to.

Can someone explain to me the texting capabilities and cost?

Does anyone find that app useful?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is completely worthless and mostly unusable. I have purchased the messaging and calling feature on 4 of my cruises and the feature is very undependable and doesn't work more often than it does. It's at the point where the internet manager himself told me just last week on my recent cruise that he doesn't advise purchasing the option and if you do, be prepared to go to guest services and ask for a refund after a few days. He also said that due to the horrible functionality and complaints from guests they are introducing a new app from a new company in a month or two as they were forced to ride out the contract with their current provider which is ending very soon.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk