Allure 2 bedroom Grand Suite

I just booked this for me and 2 adult sons. They think we are booking an 8-night Carnival on Horizon in a Havana Cabana suite. However, after reading reviews I decided against it. I read others try and succeed in getting access to the Havana pool and that more Havana rooms have been added increasing the number of people at the pool. If I apply hotel points to this cruise, it's actually less than the Horizon cruise. I have 24 hours to cancel/change this. I booked on deck 12. It's the only deck that has a hot tub on balcony. Has anyone stayed in one of these? Wondering if I should opt for another deck without the tub, allowing for more space...or another deck for others reasons? I'm looking for cruising suggestions, tips, opinions, etc, from others who have stayed in this type of suite with the Sky amenities. Thank you!!

I have stayed in 12648 on the Allure and also on deck 9 in a 2 bedroom grand suite. I would stay in either one again. We didn’t use the hot tub like we thought we would in 12648. It takes a while to fill it and drain it but our neighbors next door used theirs all the time. Both locations are good. The sky suite amenities are great. You don’t have to prebook any shows except for the comedy show because there is reserved seating for suites. Being walked off the ship by the concierge on disembarkation day is priceless. Enjoy!

Thanks so much CruisngHusker! Wow, sounds really great!

Not a big deal, but I think I may opt for another deck. I watched some Youtube videos and think the round table with chairs better suits 3 people rather than the tight fitting rectangular table on deck 12. Love that we don't have to worry about prebooking shows. I want to make sure we see the comedy acts, but it sound like having the Sky amenities does not help with that. Should we book this as soon as we get on the ship, and can we book all the comedy shows at once? Also, I was wondering about the suites sun deck. I see that's one of our amenities, but I couldn't find anything about it. Also, will we be happy eating all the meals in the Coastal Kitchen, or do you suggest one or two specialty dinners?

Thanks again...so happy you saw my post. :)

We were on Allure last month. Stayed in a JS because that was the best cabin available when we booked.

Loved the ship, she was magnificent.

The only thing we didn't enjoy was CK. Now I know a lot of people love it, but we didn't enjoy our meal there at all so cancelled the second dinner we had booked (I ordered chicken, DH had fish. both were dry and overcooked).

I'm sure it's great for Breakfast and Lunch when you are in a GS or higher but I won't be rushing back for dinner again.

150 Central Park was magnificent, we dined there twice. We also ate at Chops twice which was very good but not as good as Central Park. We went to Giovanni's once but that was so-so. Sabor was good and Samba Grill was delicious.

Thanks so much CruisngHusker! Wow, sounds really great!

Not a big deal, but I think I may opt for another deck. I watched some Youtube videos and think the round table with chairs better suits 3 people rather than the tight fitting rectangular table on deck 12. Love that we don't have to worry about prebooking shows. I want to make sure we see the comedy acts, but it sound like having the Sky amenities does not help with that. Should we book this as soon as we get on the ship, and can we book all the comedy shows at once? Also, I was wondering about the suites sun deck. I see that's one of our amenities, but I couldn't find anything about it. Also, will we be happy eating all the meals in the Coastal Kitchen, or do you suggest one or two specialty dinners?

Thanks again...so happy you saw my post. :)

We enjoyed being starboard side when we were on deck 9. We seemed to dock on that side most of the time. As for the comedy show, it typically is the same one but repeated during the week and there is usually one family friendly show with the same comedians. You can book it online in your cruise planner. The suite sun deck is ok. I found it to be hot and there is no pool up there. There is a bar though. We only did CK for breakfast as our kids enjoy the main dining room with the same waiters all week for dinner. There are snacks and a specialty coffee machine in the suite lounge. Everyone in your suite will get the free WiFi. I also highly recommend taking advantage of the free luggage valet included with suites if you’re flying. You set your bags out on the last night and they will be waiting for you when you get off your last flight. It’s great not having to drag them through customs or check them in at the airport. They will print your boarding passes and check you in so all you have to do is go to your gate at the airport. Let me know if you have any other questions!

We are booked in a 2BR suite next fall on deck 12. We booked it because we wanted the tub on the deck. Also, I’m not sure, but because you only have 3 people (I think you said that...?) you may not be allowed to book the 2 BR suite on the other floors as they have a higher capacity (hold up to 8 people as opposed to deck 12’s capacity at 6 people). I’d double check.

When are you cruising? I’ll look forward to your review if it’s before we go!!!

Edited by SarcasmSpasm

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and pointers. Much appreciated! Disappointed about CK. Maybe it was an isolated bad night in the kitchen...looking forward to trying a few different restaurants, especially 150 Central Park. Appreciate the luggage valet tip...how great is that not to be bothered with the walk-off luggage! The agent didn't mention any restrictions regarding the # of occupants in this particular suite category when I was booking. We cruise Sept. 2. I will try not to procrastinate and get a review written! Again, thank you. <3

The luggage valet service for GS and above is great; however, I believe it is only available on the following airlines: American, Delta, United, US Airways, Jet Blue and Southwest Airlines. Also there are particular times for your flight out of either MIA or FLL.

The agent didn't mention any restrictions regarding the # of occupants in this particular suite category when I was booking.

I would just double check. The 2 BR suites on deck 12 hold 6 people and the 2 BR suites on 9 and 8 hold 8 people. Typically RCI doesnt book the ones on deck 8 and 9 for people unless you have a larger party. Might be different based on your sail date. But I would double check before you give up your deck 12 suite!

Have a great trip! Looking forward to hearing about it!