Stateroom Upgrade Offer

Sayuil

Initially I used to book directly through the cruise line and used to receive stateroom upgrade offers as I will approach the sail date. For my last three cruises, I started working through a Travel agency and has not received any offer?

Do you have more chances to get upgrade offer when you are booked directly through cruise line vs Travel agent? What has been your experience?

Initially I used to book directly through the cruise line and used to receive stateroom upgrade offers as I will approach the sail date. For my last three cruises, I started working through a Travel agency and has not received any offer?

Do you have more chances to get upgrade offer when you are booked directly through cruise line vs Travel agent? What has been your experience?

Very rarely directly , your TA might get upgrade offers for you.

After about 30 or so Carnival cruises have gotten upsell offer about twice.

If you book direct one phone call from upsell dept. Via TA they have to contact TA to contact you and than back to TA.

Seems to me if you were Carnival would concentrate on direct calls.

After about 30 or so Carnival cruises have gotten upsell offer about twice.

If you book direct one phone call from upsell dept. Via TA they have to contact TA to contact you and than back to TA.

Seems to me if you were Carnival would concentrate on direct calls.

I agree, also I think the TA number will not be a direct number and would go to a call center. They might not be too much interested in following up on the calls.

My TA sends me them via email when she gets them . Had three for my cruise in December, but I didnt take them. Need my rooms beside each other for kids

Haven't used a travel agent since the 1990's when I could start booking cruises, flights, hotels, vacation condos, etc. on my own on the Internet. 33 cruises on Carnival and 46 cruises total. I receive upsell offers often on both Carnival and Holland America (7 cruises), although I don't often take them. I had two upsell offers within the past two weeks on both cruises I currently have booked. I took one and didn't take the other.

I have cruised 9 times and have received an upgrade call maybe 3 times. Just received and upgrade call on Sunday for my girls cruise in April. We were in a balcony room on deck 7 they offered to upgrade to a balcony room on deck 10 for $10/pp. I jumped on it.

Prefer to book directly from Carnival but this time we went thru a TA because we got free gratuities and the cabin price was the same as Carnival offered. We just got an upgrade offer yesterday via email (first time in 18 years) but it was no bargain - $1,900 to go from our extended balcony to a junior suite. Rather have the $1,900 to cruise again later!

Prefer to book directly from Carnival but this time we went thru a TA because we got free gratuities and the cabin price was the same as Carnival offered. We just got an upgrade offer yesterday via email (first time in 18 years) but it was no bargain - $1,900 to go from our extended balcony to a junior suite. Rather have the $1,900 to cruise again later!

Wow wonder if they got anyone to accept that. Not exactly a bargain