Zaandam - vista questions

Seavoyage

Hey There fellow CCer's

For those that have experience with the Vista cabins on Zaandam....

Which do you prefer.....

Navigation or Veranda Deck

What's up with that overhang near the aft on the Navigation Deck...does it impact those cabins on the Navigation deck? - How about on the Veranda Deck?

Prefer Forward or Aft cabins?

Favorite Stateroom category A - AA - B - BB - BC as far a balconies are concerned....

Any experience with those AFT BC's?

What side of ship preferred for South America/Antarctica cruise....San Antonio to Buenos Aries - and month preferred.

Many thanks in advance for your time and advice!

We did the cruise in the opposite direction over Christmas/New Year's. The weather was fabulous. I was looking at Antarctica in my bare feet on our balcony.

One consideration I would give for timing is the season for the penguins. Volunteer Point was my absolutely favorite all time shore excursion. There were thousands upon thousands of penguins. We went through Estancia Excursions. Double check on the best viewing time for the penguins if that is of interest to you.

I suggest the starboard side for your cruise. I was on the port side (going the opposite way) and had views of the continent almost continuously. I don't recall the ship doing any turns.

We were in BC 7082 in Alaska. It was fine for cold weather cruising as there was not a lot of chair movement on the Lido pool deck. For warm weather deck 6 in the same location would be quieter. Easy access to lido and dining room from the aft staterooms.