Halloween cruise?

johnsose2

Does ncl do anything special for kids on cruises that fall on the week of Halloween ie. Tricker treating, costume contests? We took our kids on a carnival cruise over Halloween a couple of years ago and they had a blast. Debating on doing a carnival again or trying ncl for the first time. Prices are comparable for the 2 cruises I am looking at. Ty

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Does ncl do anything special for kids on cruises that fall on the week of Halloween ie. Tricker treating, costume contests? We took our kids on a carnival cruise over Halloween a couple of years ago and they had a blast. Debating on doing a carnival again or trying ncl for the first time. Prices are comparable for the 2 cruises I am looking at. Ty

I know the Getaway does. Crew members dress up and do a haunted "house" of some sort.

I've been wondering this, too. We're booked on a cruise over Halloween with our kids, but I haven't found any definitive information about what they do. I'm planning on packing costumes and bringing some bags of candy. I told my kids that worst case they can stand outside our door and knock and I'll just open the door and put candy in their bags. :) Or maybe we'd meet some other families and could trick-or-treat between our rooms or something like that.

They did on the Jade last year. They had a "haunted house" that you could visit (we did) and trick or treating for the kids also. A bunch of adults (us included) also brought costumes and dressed up. It was fun. :)

Don't your kids go to school? You take them out for a week in Oct/Nov?
Yes 2 out of my 3 kids are in school(1st and 3rd grade this coming year), and we usually pull them out of school for a week every year for a cruise. Due to work schedules and cost that is the time frame we can go. Our school system has never given us a problem with pulling them out and if they did they can go pound sand, my kids my choice not theirs. With that being said we try and our trips fun and educational by visiting museums, nature centers, etc. Last year they sent home a packet of stuff for my kids before we left so my kids didn't fall behind and my son made a poster board when he came back to show his class mates where he went and interesting facts about that country.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
They did on the Jade last year. They had a "haunted house" that you could visit (we did) and trick or treating for the kids also. A bunch of adults (us included) also brought costumes and dressed up. It was fun. :)

We were on this same cruise! It was really great to see the kids and even the adults who dressed up for the kids trick or treat. Missed the haunted house due to dinner reservations and the nightly show, but heard it was fun.