??Questions?? for Star Passengers

chaz cruiser

Hi All,

Thought I would start a thread where people could raise any specific questions they have about the star and we can try to answer them. I'm sure our reviews (don't forget there's me, Suey & Frog online who will be going) will cover most of the general stuff but let us know if you have a specific question like the one aussiedisneyfan raised:

• underwater cameras on the ship and pricing. On the Sun they are $25(?) including processing and can be used again.

I will probably be online either tomorrow evening or early Monday morning before we leave for the Transit Centre to see what sort of questions you have. Will try our best to answer the questions.

I love exploring new ships especially after my first cruise when I got back and watched the video (my little sister did a video tour of the ship one port day) and realised there were parts of the ship I hadn't even seen. Have made it my challenge to see the entire ship ever since.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Yes the kids dining is a bit of a worry, especially if parents had booked into the late sitting and had to have kids dining with them that late. Still not a worry for us this cruise as we have no kids this time although it could make dinner a noisier affair. :)

The first thing I said after swearing was I am glad we are booked for earling sitting. Also glad we are on a table for 8 as there are 6 adults and 1 child in our group. Wonder what they would have done if we had booked a table for 6 as we were originally going to do.

The first thing I said after swearing was I am glad we are booked for earling sitting. Also glad we are on a table for 8 as there are 6 adults and 1 child in our group. Wonder what they would have done if we had booked a table for 6 as we were originally going to do.

This is more the reason why I think this may be only a temporary thing. I can't see P&O going away from the tried and tested process of having the kids dinner earlier. Do we have anyone online who was on the Sun first cruise. I wonder if they did the same thing then?

Although if it is the way they are doing it I have to admit it may be like the laundry... if they get enough comments on it they will change it. I know my nephews enjoyed the kids dinner so much better than had they been made to come to dinner with us. As someone has already said it would be difficult to keep kids quiet and occupied (especially on a cruise when they are hyped up and probably a little over tired) for an hour & a half. Plus they probably wouldn't eat the food, does this mean the kitchen is set up to do both kids type food and 6 course meals!

I'm sure all will be revealled!

Cheers,

PS this time in 2 days we should be starting to get ready to depart Brisbane!

Hi all

I ended up ringing P & O this morning after my husband read the posts about children eating with parents and he wanted me to change our dining allocation from a table of 6 to a table for 2.

P & O's reply was that "children's separate dining only occurs when the seating capacity (both adults and children) at both dinner seatings is more than the allocated restaurant allows". They further mentioned that children's separate dining will occur on future cruises based on the condition above - they said that it must have meant that the number of people on board (adults and children) did not exceed the seating capacity of the restaurants at the 2 sittings.

Sorry its a long winded reply but tht was their response.

A question - what are the minisuites like?? The shore tours - how do you find out about them -whats available, how do you book, cost? price of drinks?

cheers and have a great time

Rach

Did I understand correctly? It means that if any ship was say only half full then kids would eat with adults? Or maybe if our cruise was packed then the kids may not dine with Adults. Hmm.

Of all the Aussie cruises I know about I have never heard of this before.

That is exactly what it means - I asked exactly the same thing for clarification and that is what it means - they also said that this is the policy for the other ships as well!!

Rach

See told you all there was a clear answer. Don't think I have heard of it happening before. I am surprised however that the cruise was not full or at least had enough on it to fill the restaurant more than twice? I guess people want to know that everything is OK or got scared off when they cancelled the first cruise. Sounds like the one restaurant will be big enough for both sittings!!

Cheers,

If that is the case, how come in the 'Cruising Guide' you get issued with the tickets, both for the Sky and Sun, they say

"CHILDREN'S DINING

Children onboard have their own special dining time, normally at 5.00pm. We ask that parents supervise their children during meals"

Doen't that contradict P&O's reply to sweet_successes?

Once again a case of a different answer depending on whom you talk to.:confused:

I will definitely be making more enquiries about this when I am on board so I will let you all know what I can find out. My mother has been on 28 P & O cruises and has never heard of this happening before. :)

All my previous experience with calling P&O and asking questions has led me to the decison that it's not worth it, as you will always get an answer that;

a) is different depending on who you speak to; and

b) different to what actually happens when you get on board the ship.

Right up until the week before we departed on the cruise on Pacific Sky, we were told by the P&O call centre that there would be NO shore tours when we got to Noumea (it was one of the Brisbane departures that got into Noumea at 3pm). One of the first things we found in our cabin when we got on board was a list of shore tours for Noumea. Of course, these all got cancelled on the day, but that's a different story ;)

Kym

My sisters and I are in cabin 7015. (4)

I would like to know what the bed set-up is like.

Are we all sleeping in one big bed. *G*

I have been told that there aren't any outside two double decker bed cabins on the Star....only inside two double decker bed cabins..

Guess we are lucky we all get on very well.

Thanks!

Hugs,

Marleneann.

Skyrules, you are right, it certainly seems to depend on what time of day and who you speak to. I had a lovely lady today that told me I couldn't prebook my shore tours on the Star cruise. She rang back later and said she had made a mistake and proceeded to go through every tour on offer with me.

Painter, you won't know till you get on whether you are sharing coz you just can't get a straight answer. According to the brochures there are no outside 4 shares but a friend and her friends are sharing an outside cabin and have been assured that they have separate beds. Someone from P&O told me there are a small number of outside quads.

We paid $25 for the reusable camera. They took pretty good photos but we never reused it again whilst on the ship. The develop the film included. They give you a slip with a use by date for the film to be developed as well.

As for kids dinner we ended up eating at the kids dinner as my son would not eat at 5pm and than stay with us eating at 5.45pm as well. He was only 2 1/2 hence the 6 kilo weight gain on the 2 week cruise!

My sisters and I are in cabin 7015. (4)

I would like to know what the bed set-up is like.

Are we all sleeping in one big bed. *G*

I have been told that there aren't any outside two double decker bed cabins on the Star....only inside two double decker bed cabins..

Guess we are lucky we all get on very well.

Thanks!

Hugs,

Marleneann.

Hi Marlenann,

This is one we should be able to answer. And I don't mean by staking out your cabin in the hope that we can peek in. We have been upgraded to an outside four berth. I too am hoping it is as it appears on the deck plan and twin bunks. I don't plan on sleeping with my Mum, Aunt or Nan!! Then again I get the top bunk so would probably be Ok.

Cheers,

Chaz

I know I'm off the subject here but hey Truebliss, have you posted any of you photos yet or are you still having trouble?

PS Just noticed your countdown, yesterday was halfway between cruises.

Karen

Karen,

I am having so much trouble getting these photos online.I dont know why but maybe as I am a first time user? I have so many great shots to share. I noticed your leaving in a few days time! All the best and I am so looking forward to hearing all about your cruise. It has been 2 months since we left for our first cruise and It seems so long. I love the memories and love to look at all the photos as well. I cant wait for the 3 night cruise coming up as well. It will give me my fix for the year and making me want to save for another one. Maybe the year after I dont know. I may have to keep doing the 3 nighter each year if I cant afford it...lol

I will keep trying to put these photos online. I will aim so when you get back they will be there to match yours..hehe..I will be waiting to see yours.

Well my son is asleep and I am off to a conference for 4 days so to all leaving have a FAB trip! Speak to you all when you arrive home.

I am so sorry about the SUVA shore tours I will have to get them up as well.

Take care

Archived