Zumba on the Regal

Shaver John

Does anyone know if and where there will be Zumba on the Regal in September. I have heard that Zumba has been moved from a lounge due to the art auctions, not sure that is correct. Would appreciate any help.

Friends of ours went on the regal about two months ago and they did Zumba, so unless something has changed since then it should still be there. I’m going on the regal in November as well.

I know not much help but it’s a start I guess lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On my Caribbean cruise it was also held on the basketball/volleyball court on the sports deck usually around 9 or 10am. I’ve seen pictures and videos where they also hold it in the Piazza or on top of the fountains in the main pool area.

Every time I have been on the Regal they offered Zumba early in the morning and later in the afternoon. Two different instructors taught the classes. One morning it rained and they moved it to the piazza. I am not sure they would move it to the piazza in the pm . If it is raining lots of cruisers would hang around the piazza leaving little room for us to exercise.

Sali

Every time I have been on the Regal they offered Zumba early in the morning and later in the afternoon. Two different instructors taught the classes. One morning it rained and they moved it to the piazza. I am not sure they would move it to the piazza in the pm . If it is raining lots of cruisers would hang around the piazza leaving little room for us to exercise.

Sali

If they asked people to leave the center for zumba would think people would cooperate

Oh Sali, the Zumba queen. I’m going to miss you this year. Hope all is good with you.

I will miss you and all the wonderful roll call activities. It was a blast. Your soprano voice added a great dimension to our Pop Choir. I enjoyed every minute it and Aaron our director. Hopefully I will cruise again with the wonderful Retreaters !!!

Sali

My children accompanied me on a Prncess Cruise and were disappointed that there was no Zumba. They went to a class that sounded Zumba-ish. It was Zumba but apparently Princess won’t pay for Zumba licensing so the instructors cannot call it Zumba. With the limitatins on Princess internet, the instructors can’t keep up with the Zumba music requirements. They said it was a good class.

My children accompanied me on a Prncess Cruise and were disappointed that there was no Zumba. They went to a class that sounded Zumba-ish. It was Zumba but apparently Princess won’t pay for Zumba licensing so the instructors cannot call it Zumba. With the limitatins on Princess internet, the instructors can’t keep up with the Zumba music requirements. They said it was a good class.

Surprising the instructors have said they are licensed and it is called zumba in the patter.

Not sure what you mean by licensing but one, a person, has to be certified by the Zumba powers that be in order to teach Zumba. They take classes, are tested and more than likely have to present or do a demo class.

I'm certified to teach Group Exercises and there are different National (USA) certification organizations. Zumba, Yoga have their own process.

Ramona

Ramona - thanks for filling everyone in on all the effort it takes to be a Zumba instructor. Whether you teach CrossFit, Zumba or Jazzercise, or Group Exercise, it’s an effort of love.
j

Ahh! Thank you so much. After a lifetime of bad eating, wrong lifestyle choices, I waited until I got into my 60s to become a gym rat. High Cholesterol and blood pressure,, Type II diabetes and a desire not to continue to be sick and tired of being sick and tired...I did a lifestyle change. I have at least 17 people on my Roll Call to participate in Chair Aerobics classes on my 49 day S.A. Grand Adventure in Feb.

Ramona

• 1 month later...
j

Ahh! Thank you so much. After a lifetime of bad eating, wrong lifestyle choices, I waited until I got into my 60s to become a gym rat. High Cholesterol and blood pressure,, Type II diabetes and a desire not to continue to be sick and tired of being sick and tired...I did a lifestyle change. I have at least 17 people on my Roll Call to participate in Chair Aerobics classes on my 49 day S.A. Grand Adventure in Feb.

Ramona

Good for you Ramona !

Maureen