New carry-on alcohol policy

YoHoHo

Will this be a giveth and taketh away? Will enforcement be forth coming?

I hesitated in posting this as it does sound like I am just stirring up controversy but OTH it is a policy that we should be aware of. Perhaps if I did not include the image but I could not resist.

This policy is important to me. One of the reasons I have liked O was treating us like adults, allowing us to bring a bottle on board for a cocktail on the balcony. Happy Hour packs the bars at cocktail hour so I avoid them. We usually purchase the Premium drinks package for the convenience, and still sometimes bring a bottle for a pre-dinner cocktail in the stateroom avoiding happy hour. If they start to enforce the policy I might stop drinking :)

gI_83691_slippery-slope.jpg

Why the increase if the old limit was not enforced? Perhaps to assuage the fears of forfeiture by those CC posters who are unsure if they will really, truly be allowed to carry-on wine exceeding the three bottle limit .

Or maybe by increasing the limit they will point to the generous allowance as they enforce it. Time will tell.

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005405394-What-is-your-alcohol-policy-for-bringing-bottles-on-board-

What is your alcohol policy for bringing bottles on board?

1 day ago Updated

We are pleased to inform you that Oceania Cruises has revised the policy for bringing wine onboard.

We have now increased the limit to 6 bottles per stateroom. The exception being the world cruises for which we will allow up to 60 bottles per stateroom however this only applies to guests who are booked on the full world cruise or any of the variations of the full world cruise as listed below.

<CHOP>

The Oceania website specifies 6 bottles of wine. Can you bring on bottles of liquor?

"We are pleased to inform you that Oceania Cruises has revised the policy for bringing wine onboard.

We have now increased the limit to 6 bottles per stateroom. "

Not sure what you are trying to say..

Jancruz1

YoHoHo wrote: "Why the increase if the old limit was not enforced? Perhaps to assuage the fears of forfeiture by those CC posters who are unsure if they will really, truly be allowed to carry-on wine exceeding the three bottle limit ."

"Or maybe by increasing the limit they will point to the generous allowance as they enforce it. Time will tell."

It is reasonable to ask why increase a limit that was previously ignored. All we can productively do is to wait for reports from cruisers who brought more than six or more bottles of wine -- or any bottles of liquor -- on board for cruises after today's date when the new policy got posted.

The Oceania website specifies 6 bottles of wine. Can you bring on bottles of liquor?

"We are pleased to inform you that Oceania Cruises has revised the policy for bringing wine onboard.

We have now increased the limit to 6 bottles per stateroom. "

Technically no beer or liquor, but evidently this policy is not enforced. I recently queried O directly about this and I did get what others have referred to as Oceania's 'CYA' statement which reads: "Please be advised that our policy is only for bringing wine or champagne onboard or purchasing it in port. It does not apply to hard liquors or beers and if the liquor or beer is brought onboard it can be confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise." In reply to a similar post in another thread, several veteran Oceania cruisers wrote that they have brought bottles of liquor and/or beer aboard multiple times and never once had it confiscated.