Bliss Reviews Making Me Nervous!

christyk82

It's NCL. Of course it's not classy. It's like Carnival.

It's CruisingNole post - of course it's not classy.

Wow...how much time did you carve out of your day to write that essay? I can only dream that one day I'll have that kind of time on my hands.

Summary - CruisingNole doesn't have time to write well thought out intelligent posts, but does have time to spew drivel that serves only to denigrate other posters and cruise lines. That about sums up what kind of person we're dealing with.

You are correct, it is not classy but it is light years ahead of Carnival. I have been on numerous Carnival cruise and we always had a good time but NCL is just better in every way. CCL seems to thrive on the passengers providing entertainment. NCL actually has some talented performers on board. On NCL the food in the MDR is so good compared to CCL. Oh well to each their own but NCL is definately better than CLL.

Just off the Bliss yesterday 8/4/18. My husband and I are both Platinum with NCL. We were a group of 5 adults and an infant, 12 months old. We had two connecting rooms on deck 9; one mini suite, one balcony. The Bliss is not our first choice of all the NCL ships we have been on. The observation Lounge, was definitely overcrowded and not the best use of space in my opinion. Our particular cruise had some very rude passengers; but we also encountered many nice people on an overcrowded ship. The staff is first rate in my opinion. ( Remember; you get what you give... if you are nice and respectful; most people, not just the staff; respond in a positive way. Some passengers are just rude and there’s nothing you can do about that. (If you are lucky, Karma usually takes care of them.) Go carts were $9.95 per person and laser tag was $5 per person; both were enjoyed by the people in our group that experienced them; so for our group; worth the extra money. Yes; we stood online on embarkation day to book both; and yes; we had an issue where it was canceled and then reinstated after we went to guest services....

if your looking for Lobster on this ship; the best you will do is Cagney’s steak house; $5 for a bowl of Lobster bisque soup......worth every penny... Pictures are now taken at each specialty restaurant and shown to you near the end of dinner. Seems like it slows the dinner process down significantly and you cannot include them in any photo package. Regardless; we had a great family vacation to Alaska and if there are any questions; I’d be happy to answer if I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by NCLStarHawaii2003

I just got off the Bliss (7/14/18 to 7/21/18) and it was a joy. I put many words into my review of the bliss:

NorwegianBliss Review by steveho

Laser tag was a blast and we should have played it more. It was not a problem getting into that or the gokarts as long as you booked them. There were spaces available throughout to book those since they expanded the hours from the first few sailings.

Specialty dining was very, very good, while the MDR was very good. Although the menu had items you could find at the buffet, it was fresher and the atmosphere better than trying to find a table at the crowded buffet.

We did not encounter any rudeness on our voyage from passengers or staff. The overall cruise was very enjoyable. This from a first-time cruiser.

you should know, your cruise a few months ago on NCLwas a booze cruise wasn't it? Great way to judge a cruise line, base it on one cheap, cruise where everyone is trying to see how much free booze they can consume. I think I would be careful judging people. :confused: