Has anyone done Chacchoben Ruins on the Miracle with David and Ivan

Sailor-man

We're on the Miracle with a 11-7pm stop in Costa Maya ...

Has anyone who has been on the Miracle done the Chacchoben Ruins with David & Ivan

We don't want to cut it close and chance getting left behind in Costa Maya ... The option is to do the Carnival tour of Chacchoben but I hear the David & Ivan tour gets higher marks.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Did it in November with them. Outstanding! To get to them you walk around back of stores by the pier and grab a taxi ($3pp). It drops you off at the edge of town by the Cat's Meow (bar/restaurant). Right across from there are tables where David and Ivan meet their tours.

When we were there David and Ivan were negotiating to pick up tours at teh pier but don't know if that worked out.

The lands were in David's family and Ivan and he have been friends for many years. Both very knowledgable with lots of interesting tidbits.

Highly recommand this tour!

Becky

I assume you were back in plenty of time ... Did they allow plenty of time before last tender?

We had time to hang out at the beach at Majahual for a couple of hours. We ate, had a couple of drinks, and then went back to the pier. I didn't feel rushed, nor did I stress over missing the ship!

Check out my photos of the beach and the excursion.

http://community.webshots.com/album/527685047YCNWgf

Hi, we were on the tour with David and Ivan the first week in January on the Miracle. We learned so much from Ivan, he was amazing. He told us about everything. We had two girls in the van with us, Caroline and Rosa, I think . They told us stuff, when we got to the ruins, Ivan expanded on everything.

If you take this tour with them, you won't regret it. Even my teens liked it. After the tour, we walked around Mahahal, it is a beautiful place, quiet but awesome. We had enough time to do some shopping, there are plenty of taxi cabs that will take you back to the ship. The cruiseline doesn't say much about Mahahal, but if you go, you will not be disappointed.

Brenda

Archived