Price drops — check your bookings!

RebelAthena

Do you just call Carnival (assuming you booked directly) and ask? I just checked and my September Fascination sailing has dropped $50. Not a lot, but if I could get that in OBC that would be nice. They will get it in the end anyway..

You have to submit a form to get the price drop. It is not automatic. But if the price drop is in your category, the balance of your cruise fare will be reduced by the amount of that price drop. If final payment has already been made, then you will get OBC for that amount. But you have to contact Carnival to get it. I always book "Early Saver" and have gotten many price drops. My next cruise in Oct has been paid for and I have received several price drops and have a nice OBC credited.

I have a PVP and all I need do is contact him when I see a price drop and if it affects my category, he takes care of it for me. In fact, I saw another price drop today of $50.00, woohoo.

Question from the newbie in the event my cruise price does drop, I was reading the form you have to submit and it says that your stateroom will be cancelled and that the cruise line will be assigning you a new room. Has this happened to those of you who have a price drop and was the stateroom less than desirable?

Well, now I’m frustrated.

On July 30, I called our TA to get the price difference; she claimed Carnival rebooked our rooms and that we would see a different refunded to us in 7-10 days. I was actually quoted a dollar figure for the refund.

I asked a few days ago about the refund, and she told me it takes time. Now, 10 days later, the TA responds that Carnival is only offering the price difference as OBC.

Unreal.

Question from the newbie in the event my cruise price does drop, I was reading the form you have to submit and it says that your stateroom will be cancelled and that the cruise line will be assigning you a new room. Has this happened to those of you who have a price drop and was the stateroom less than desirable?

No, you just price match to your category and you keep your same room.

I have gotten credits several times in the past, easy to do by filling out the form.