Juneau Car Rental Question

N&SCruise

Hi there!

Cruising to Alaska on the very last NCL of the season - 9/30 through 10/7 and know that the Avis station at the cruise terminal will be closed.

Does anyone know a reliable way to get to the Avis at the Juneau Airport in order to pick up the car, or should I just suck it up and use the bus to get to Mendenhall, which will make us miss the very tiny possibility we have of popping over to Alaskan Brewing.

Any help is appreciated!

You can walk to AVIS from the dock. Will take about 15 minutes.

Beware of this AVIS location, though. I used it in 2014, and the guy there acted really shady. I complained to a manager when I got home, and she claimed she was going to fire him, but who knows. It might be tough to get help in a tiny town like Juneau. But it was four years ago.

Here is the thread about it: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2084115

You can walk to AVIS from the dock. Will take about 15 minutes.

Beware of this AVIS location, though. I used it in 2014, and the guy there acted really shady. I complained to a manager when I got home, and she claimed she was going to fire him, but who knows. It might be tough to get help in a tiny town like Juneau. But it was four years ago.

Here is the thread about it: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2084115

Avis is at the AJ dock, and the OP states it is closed. so they aren't getting a car there.

Hi there!

Cruising to Alaska on the very last NCL of the season - 9/30 through 10/7 and know that the Avis station at the cruise terminal will be closed.

Does anyone know a reliable way to get to the Avis at the Juneau Airport in order to pick up the car, or should I just suck it up and use the bus to get to Mendenhall, which will make us miss the very tiny possibility we have of popping over to Alaskan Brewing.

Any help is appreciated!

Have you tried Juneau Car Rental? They closed as well? You can get to the airport, with the airport bus, that leaves from the transit area, near the Westmark.

But, you need all day in port, the bus only runs once per hour, exact change. But doable, since the airport is between the docks and Mendenhall. Your timing is critical though, you don't want to get stuck waiting after a missed bus.