Propina.. (tips).

bronxboy683

I was wondering ,if I am on a cruise with my wife and son, and quest services say my bill for tips is $300. Can I say please I want to pay only $200. Will they do it? On the ten cruises we have been on I always pay what ever they say and iam sure I will continue to do so. Also cash tip extra to cabin boy, and dining room staff including person who assigns tables .

Thank you for starting yet another tipping thread.

The tips also go to people you don’t see or are behind the scenes.

Just curious. Do you pay the minimum 15% tip when you go to a restaurant at home?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for starting yet another tipping thread.

The tips also go to people you don’t see or are behind the scenes.

Just curious. Do you pay the minimum 15% tip when you go to a restaurant at home?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Minimum tip is 15%? Not if the service sucks it ain’t.

Having said that, for me, I’d never reduce the tips on a cruise even if I encountered poor service from a particular crew member. Mainly because the tips go for so many of the crew.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just pay the whole $300. *insert annoyed eye roll thingy here*

Methinks this is another individual who can almost afford to cruise...if the tips are removed and nothing else is spent on board. I know, I know, it's rude of me to say such things. JUST PAY THE TIPS. ALL OF THEM.

^^^^^^^ THIS!!!! I seriously dont understand the fascination with tipping... Jeeeezzzz... just do it!!!!

First off, I pay all the tips never taking any off so do not roast me. However, there have been times I wanted to cancel my tips. For example, our last cruise our cabin girl :o....I mean our room steward...LoL I know these guy/gals are getting over worked, I am in a similar environment (1 person doing what use to be a 3 person job). However, she was horrible and thought of canceling tips but never changed because of everyone else that does their part. She just lost out on the cash tip we leave for our cabin boy/girl. Furthermore, we always tip at least 20% in the service industry. So I can see the OP question why he/she maybe asking.

I was wondering ,if I am on a cruise with my wife and son, and quest services say my bill for tips is $300. Can I say please I want to pay only $200. Will they do it? On the ten cruises we have been on I always pay what ever they say and iam sure I will continue to do so. Also cash tip extra to cabin boy, and dining room staff including person who assigns tables .

You make no sense, you want to reduce your grats and yet you want to tip extra??????????:o:o:o:o

Sorry...room stewart...this was just a simple question out of curiosity.. have no plans now (mexican riveria, nov 17,2018) or on future cruises not to pay my fair share ,what ever i am billed. and continue to additionally tip sroom steward, mwait staff, including person that assigns table, and any one else tha show extra consideration to me or my family . ps i have been tipping at least 20% since i am young...not young anymore... my wife also of her own volisiontips buffet bus boys/girls.. thank you for your comments..

[

I wish the cruise industry would just wake up and merge the tips into the cost of the cruise and then pay the crew what they deserve. Then there would be no arguments about taking off the tips. In the end, you (Probably 99%) pay for it anyway so why not just raise the cost of the cruise and eliminate calling it tips.

By the way, a tip is supposed to be something you get for going above and beyond, not a wage.

I wish the cruise industry would just wake up and merge the tips into the cost of the cruise and then pay the crew what they deserve. Then there would be no arguments about taking off the tips. In the end, you (Probably 99%) pay for it anyway so why not just raise the cost of the cruise and eliminate calling it tips.

By the way, a tip is supposed to be something you get for going above and beyond, not a wage.

Exactly, if my grandmother was still alive she would tell you "When I worked in a bar no one ever tipped me" "You just didn't tip back in though days".