Red Hook Cruise Port to Airports

oceansandseas

DH and I will be cruising on QM2 from Red Hook. Second time in New York.

Two years ago we flew to EWR and took the train to Penn Station (I will have to remember how we did that again) and it was a nice day and we walked the 4 blocks to our hotel. We then took Dial7 car service to Red Hook cruise port.

I had also reserved Dial7 for car service back to EWR after the cruise. It was a very expensive ride. The tolls added up. We were charged $30.00 to go across the Varrozano Narrows Bridge. Plus other tolls. On mentioning this to someone, they looked it up and said it should only have been $11.?? . Oh well, he got us there.

We are returning in November 2018 to cruise with Cunard again. Not Thanksgiving weekend. We will probably stay in the same hotel and then take Dial 7 to Red Hook. Will be returning from cruise the first week of December and I was wondering the best way to get home.

I do not have a phone to use Uber. I could fly home from any of the 3 major airports in New York. I know that I must get the air soon.....very soon. I am wondering whether to take a car service or taxi. No rush. I like to stay on the ship as long as I can and therefore book a late in the afternoon flight.

Information please from those who have traveled or know prices. Do the taxi drivers have a set rate that they must charge from cruise port to airport. This is the case in Miami and Fort Lauderdale. You know the cost before you get into the taxi.

What would be taxi charge from Red Hook to EWR.

What would be taxi charge from Red Hook to JFK.

What would be taxi charge from Red Hook to LGA

If there is not a set charge, were there traffic jams. We are returning on a Saturday.

What has a recent car service charge been from Red Hook to EWR.

What has a recent car service charge been from Red Hook to JFK.

What has a recent car service charge been from Red Hook to LGA.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

LaGuardia would be the closest to Red Hook with EWR being the most expensive to get to (tolls, crossing state lines...) and you would be better off with car service (flat fee) as opposed to a taxi where the meter goes up & up if stuck in traffic. Why not call Dial 7 or another car service and get a quote. Another car service close to Red Hook is Arecibo 718 783 6465. I use them often and have been very happy with their service.

Have a great cruise!