Power sockets on Ovation?

oceanviewer21

We are on an Ovation cruise in the autumn. Can someone tell me where the power sockets are and if they take adapters? When we cruised on the Sojourn our UK to US adapter when inserted turned off the switch! -( the one by the dressing table) so was problematic. Also are there any USB sockets?

Thank you for any advice.

From what I’ve read, the Ovation has US and UK sockets now; no need for adaptor.

We are on an Ovation cruise in the autumn. Can someone tell me where the power sockets are and if they take adapters? When we cruised on the Sojourn our UK to US adapter when inserted turned off the switch! -( the one by the dressing table) so was problematic. Also are there any USB sockets?

Thank you for any advice.

From what I’ve read, the Ovation has US and UK sockets now; no need for adaptor.

Surprised that there are UK sockets. I thought they'd gone with the same US/EU sockets that are on the O class ships in addition to some USB points on the new ships (those are now being added to the O class ships). Can I ask where you read this?

Edited by Isklaar
edited for clarity

There is a YouTube video I've seen that shows a typical veranda suite in detail and at one point you can freeze it and have close-up of the power points by the table in the sitting area. Definitely US and EU sockets. No UK three-pin socket.

When we cruised on the Sojourn our UK to US adapter when inserted turned off the switch! -( the one by the dressing table) so was problematic.

I have the same problem with the sockets at the dressing table on the O class ships. My favourite adapter is a 'double' one so it's too big to fit the socket and not turn off the lights at the same time. I ended up getting a new, much smaller adapter but it still sometimes knocks the light switch because of the size of our regular plugs in the UK.

After seeing your post I emailed British friends who've been on Ovation . There are sockets in the same locations as on the O class ships. In addition there are sockets by the bed - both EU/US.

As Fletcher correctly pointed out, no UK sockets unfortunately.

My friend says that the sockets by dressing table may again be problematic with an adapter as the switches are incorporated, also the case by the bed.

The USB points are also by the bed.

Edited by Isklaar
added information