Just off Splendor - Ask me Anything

Awesome. I sail on her is October to Hawaii and I have an extended aft balcony on deck 8 as well. I am in 8450. I'm really exited about the extended balcony, but was wondering if there was much noise from the pool above.

Anything else you have about the cabin and the aft pool would be helpful. Thanks.

You will love the aft balcony. Beautiful view, not windy, and it’s sheltered from hot sun or rain by the deck above which extends out a few feet further than the balcony itself. The aft cabins on deck 6 and 7 are very exposed - you can look down and see them. Deck 8 seems very private. the balcony has both chaise lounges and regular chairs and a small table. Nice to enjoy early morning coffee or nightcap outdoors when you don’t want to get ready to be in public. Nice thick bathrobes are available to use _ just ask your cabin attendant. There was occasional noise from moving chairs on the lido deck but only once or twice a day. Nothing major. You don’t hear people walking around, music, or talking from the deck above. The aft hallway is quiet, not much foot traffic. Having the aft pool and Lido up one floor was awesome. Main dining room is down 4 floors from the same set of stairs/elevators. Easy to get around.

What is the Tandoor Grill? What do they serve?

Indian lunch buffet, Lido aft. Vegetarian and meat, lots of salads and chutneys. Only place to get naan onboard. Can be spicy. We like to put the pineapple chutney on the soft serve.

My husband and I cruised on Splendor October 2016 (Halloween cruise). Love that ship! One of my favorite things were the “hidden/forgotten” hot tubs on deck 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, We are taking the Halloween cruise this year, did they do a lot the whole week on the ship for the holiday? Also were each port celebrating? Anything special we should be aware of? Any info appreciated, Thanks

John & Debbie

• 1 month later...
How was the entertainment as far as; Piano Bar, I'm sure they had an Acoustic guitar player, or how about bands playing around the ship? Was there Karaoke every night?

We were on the Splendor from August 25 through September 8, 2018. Karaoke was very plentiful on this ship. It was every night except one from 7:30 to 10:00. My husband signs and loved it.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you recall if any of the bars had pub-type games? I'm specifically looking to see if any of them have a table-top ring toss game like we played on the Magic in May. But anything like that, or similar to it?

I've learned that there are several corn hole games on the Splendor, but that's not what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Since you had 3 stops you may not know the answer to this but:

we are going on the Mexican riviera March 2 and it has an overnight in Cabo. Since it’s a tender port do the tenders run 24/7? If not are we able to take a water taxi back to the boat or do they close boarding at a certain time? I’m looking on viator to try and plan some activities. 

When you took the water taxi to the rays and arch did you also go by a beach or was get in the water anywhere? I have a 5 and 14 year old that want to do water stuff. We live in the desert these days so I’m with them on this. Lol. 

Thanks in advance! 

Since you had 3 stops you may not know the answer to this but:
we are going on the Mexican riviera March 2 and it has an overnight in Cabo. Since it’s a tender port do the tenders run 24/7? If not are we able to take a water taxi back to the boat or do they close boarding at a certain time? I’m looking on viator to try and plan some activities. 

When you took the water taxi to the rays and arch did you also go by a beach or was get in the water anywhere? I have a 5 and 14 year old that want to do water stuff. We live in the desert these days so I’m with them on this. Lol. 
Thanks in advance! 

We are on this same itin. It does not overnight in Cabo. Tenders will stop by 6pm and the ship will pull out for the night and return in the morning. If you want to join in, we have a roll call going for the March 2nd sailing and a meet and mingle you can sign up for. We bounce excursion ideas off each other and just discuss the cruise and our excitement for how close it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk