Mendenhall Glacier and Nugget Falls after Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer. Doable?

Peppa26

Our group has 4 adults and 2 kids (8 yo). We will be on ms Nieuw Amsterdam and visiting Juneau on Monday 8/6. We booked the excursion "Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer" through HAL. The itinerary says the ship will arrive at Tracy Am Inlet at 10am. However, the excursion page states it starts at 9:15 and lasts 6 hours. I wonder if anyone who had experience could tell me what time we will approximately arrive at Juneau?

I'm thinking visiting Mendenhall Glacier and Nuggt Fall too. does it worth to go Mendenhall after watching glaciers close up in the morning? If so, I saw the last shuttle is often 6pm. Will we have enough time to catch it?

Thank you in advance.

You time involves the "line up" time. How late is your port time? If there to 7pm, plenty of time. If leaving at 4, nope. Perhaps, just wait until you get there and use a cab- if you end up ok with time. No "reservations" needed. The park is open after the shuttles, just have cab company numbers to call from Mendenhall, at least 1/2 hour prior to needing pick up.

This idea could be a great opportunity, but doesn't really need any advance planning in your case. And you have at least a 3.5 hour block of time before back on board, 4 hours before sailing.

You time involves the "line up" time. How late is your port time? If there to 7pm, plenty of time. If leaving at 4, nope. Perhaps, just wait until you get there and use a cab- if you end up ok with time. No "reservations" needed. The park is open after the shuttles, just have cab company numbers to call from Mendenhall, at least 1/2 hour prior to needing pick up.

This idea could be a great opportunity, but doesn't really need any advance planning in your case. And you have at least a 3.5 hour block of time before back on board, 4 hours before sailing.

Thank you very much! I totally forgot to mention that our ship leaves Juneau at 10pm. Guess there is no problem time wise then. I just hope there will be a cab available without making a reservation ahead of time. We will see... :')

Thank you very much! I totally forgot to mention that our ship leaves Juneau at 10pm. Guess there is no problem time wise then. I just hope there will be a cab available without making a reservation ahead of time. We will see... :')

Know the cab numbers and just call. With all that time, I'd keep the return open and just call 30 minutes prior like I already mentioned. I'm a huge advocate of taking the Trail of Time, - go out the back of the visitor center and up the stairs to the trail head. They really did a nice job enhancing it with informative, plaques . Well worth the time. Also take a look at the boardwalks across the street, sometimes bear viewing. But, that can happen anywhere, on the Trail of time, be noisy. I've run into bears there a few times.

Know the cab numbers and just call. With all that time, I'd keep the return open and just call 30 minutes prior like I already mentioned. I'm a huge advocate of taking the Trail of Time, - go out the back of the visitor center and up the stairs to the trail head. They really did a nice job enhancing it with informative, plaques . Well worth the time. Also take a look at the boardwalks across the street, sometimes bear viewing. But, that can happen anywhere, on the Trail of time, be noisy. I've run into bears there a few times.

Thanks for all the tips! Look forward to our visit there!!