Why so many TBA or unassigned GTY cabins on Princess?

kimanjo

Question: we have sailed quite a few times on Celebrity and RCL and always had assigned cabins (for reservations made well in advance). However, I made a short-term ressie for 6 weeks away (end of next month) and the only cabins available are those which are unassigned/guarantee. I am curious: why so many unassigned/gty cabins available? If the cabins are now available to be sold, then why are the cabins not assigned now? Anyone have answers or even a guess? Thanks, KIM

My guess is that people booked a guarantee catagory cabin, due to a lower price or hoping for an upgrade. After final payment date, those people were assigned cabins, at either the category that they were guaranteed, or higher. Therefore, the cabins that are unoccpied after the folks that had booked a guarantee, are now available for booking. The assignments would probably be made for first come, first served in that category or higher, depending on what is available. Very confusing.........and the line may be waiting for all payments to clear.
That's just MY guess........... [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Perhaps someone more knowledgeable will post "the truth".

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;4;4;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
Hawaii - On the Island

Archived