Harmony of Seas eastern 8/18-8/25 ports of call

Harmony of seas Eastern Caribbean 8/18-8/25 Ports Of call

Ports of call

Nassau ,St. Thomas and St Kitts

My question is there enough to do off the ship on your own w/o organizes Excursions? we booked kind of late and are unsure about most of the offered RCI excursions.

Nassau we are there for short time so seems waste of money to get excursions there so more focused on the other 2 ports ??

So is there enough to do and see at your own pace off and around the ship Port area any suggestions. we are not huge beach people figure 1 beach day is enough which would be best.

Also how do we know how many Other ships will be in Port at same time

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We usually do a beach day at St. Kitts, on our own. We like the Reggae Bar area of Cockleshell Beach. Nice facilities, view of Nevis in the distance. I forget the exact costs, but the taxi is less than $20 and the beach chairs and umbrella is another $20 or so.

We usually do a beach day at St. Kitts, on our own. We like the Reggae Bar area of Cockleshell Beach. Nice facilities, view of Nevis in the distance. I forget the exact costs, but the taxi is less than $20 and the beach chairs and umbrella is another $20 or so.

Wow Very good info how are the taxis are they aggressive for your business?? Are they a safe bet??

Wow Very good info how are the taxis are they aggressive for your business?? Are they a safe bet??

We've never had a problem with the taxis. If you tell the driver when you want to leave the beach, he will be there to pick you up.

We just did this exact intinery on the Harmony.

On prior cruises we have been to Nassau many times. You are correct the port time is kind of short especially since most of the hours are in the morning. I would just wonder around and do some shopping and perhaps visit a bar or restaurant.

St Kitts we have only been once before. That time we took a tour that included a visit to a Fort and then ride on a former plantation sugar cane. It was a great tour. This time we took a ship excursion to cocklesheel beach. We enjoyed it. However we were there only 2 1/2 hours. Next time we would book a private taxi (or just get off the ship and find taxi and arrange for transfer and return) and stay for 3 or 3 1/2 hours.

St Thomas we have been to many times. Each time we do it differently. Harmony docks in Crown Bay. This time we just took a taxi into town for some shopping and hung out one of our favorite bars and chatted with a delightful couple that just happened to be on our ship. Prior times we have headed over to St Johns to either do a beach/snorkeling excursion or just take a around the island tour.

Just did this 3 weeks ago. Bahamas- we got off ship and walked around the area. Some people went to lunch, other shopped.

St Thomas - excursion to St John's island. Not worth it. We spent most of the time traveling with only an hour and a half left on the beach.

St Kitts- we had funky weather so we went with a resort for the day. Bob's suggestions are better.

Also how do we know how many Other ships will be in Port at same time

Thanks in advance

Here is a site to find out what ships are in port at the same time. Looks like you might be better off staying on the ship while you are in port in Nassau due to the number of ships in port at the same time.

http://ships.cruisett.com/schedule/Royal_Caribbean_International/Harmony_of_the_Seas/August_2018/

We got off Harmony last week with this itinerary.

For Nassau- We went with RCCL shore excursion Catamaran ride with lunch at Pearl Island. Beautiful place. We decided last minute to do snorkeling which cost $15 per person. Worth doing since water is so clear and plenty to see underwater. We decided to book it with RCCL because of the time on the island. We want to make sure that we make it on time. The Catamaran ride was nice.

For St. Thomas, we went on our own a took a taxi to Magen's Bay. Short ride. Taxi was $10 per person. Plenty of taxi and organized. There were no umbrellas but can rent beach chairs for a fee. There were picnic benches around for free. Beautiful place but gets crowded in the afternoon.

For St. Kitts, we went with Grey Thenford Tours- Grand Island Tour of St. Kitts. 4-6 hours tour of St. Kitts and 1-2 hours of beach. Wonderful Tour. Highly recommended. 1-2 hours at the beach was not enough for me.