Question on elegant night schedule and christmas!

BENHANDEL

Hi All

How do you know when elegant nights will be? Our cruise is 6 nights, with port stops days 2, 3, 4 (3, 4, 5 if embarkment day counts).

We embark on December 23 and Christmas is our first port day, Jamaica. This trip is in memory of/thanks to my mom who passed last January. Christmas was always special to my parents...

We want to have a memorable dinner on Christmas, but don't want to miss anything special the ship may be doing in MDR or elsewhere.

How do we know for sure when elegant night will be? I "guessed" it would be on sea day the day before christmas so booked the steakhouse on Christmas. We dont want to miss lobster in MDR!

Does carnival do anything to celebrate Christmas? Should I avoid a reservation that night?

Any tips on when we should plan for specialty restaurants? (We also have plans for Jiji on the last port day).

TIA!

You won’t know for sure until you board but if Christmas Eve is a sea day, that will likely be elegant. They will serve the Tom Turkey on Christmas for dinner - but that is nothing to worry about missing. There will be things like caroling, snowing in the lobby, Tree lighting, Santa appearance, a Christmas show and a non denominational crew led service (if no clergy on board that have requested to do a service).

I found it frustrating trying to plan, but you will just have to make your best guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums